No announcement yet.

Election: President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that wasn't spamming it was almost on the 2nd page.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
      Summary of my position:
      I am an imperialist. I encourage expansion when it would benefit our civ, and not cost us more than it gains us. I believe in science and the acquisition of wealth as the highest priority. I believe in a strong military. I plan to build up infrastructure first, then move on to other options, i.e. culture and a strong military. I like naval and air units too.
      Good platform, but I still voted for the Banana.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Can't let election threads go to page 2.

The Banana is putting up stiff resistance, but I think I can pull through!

Comment

Would you support an early war?
          Est-ce que tu as vu une baleine avec un queue taché?
          If you don't feel the slightist bit joyful seeing the Iraqis dancing in the street, then you are lost to the radical left. If you don't feel the slightest bit bad that we had to use force to do this, then you are lost to the radical right.

Comment

Declared by us? Not until we have a firm infrastructure. I want to make sure we can win before getting tangled up in a bunch of wars. The time will come for warfare though, just not in 3000 BC.

Comment

The Banana is getting a pretty good number of votes, considering that it a) has never joined, campaigned, or for that matter even posted and b) it does not exist.

Comment

i like voted for the banana because i like bananas.

Bananas forever. peace.

Comment

I am strongly opposed to the inauguration of the one known as The Banana into any position of power.

So now that I am a heretic of the Apoloton religion, fire away!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Jethro83; June 12, 2002, 23:11.
                  "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                  "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                  "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Ouch! Trip, the banana is catching up to you!

Lucky for you, it doesn't really exist.

Oh, and I think our would-be President should have something a little more...uh... dignified,.. for his avatar. c'mon, you're representing our country as a dancing queen?
                    Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
                    Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
                    Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
                    Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

When we get to the modern age, will you act like a modern nation (Very very democratic, very peacful, unless we have a big threat!). Or will you continue to attack in an orgy of expansion!
                      Help negate the vegiterian movement!
                      For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                        Declared by us? Not until we have a firm infrastructure. I want to make sure we can win before getting tangled up in a bunch of wars. The time will come for warfare though, just not in 3000 BC.
                        we could always let a nearby civ build up an infastructure and take theirs...
                        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I'm with Uber, WARWARWAR!

Comment

I guess we need a genocidal maniac at the ministry of war after all...
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Early war is good.

Comment

yes, and we can get away with it and not call it genocide. Cuz we are in the ancient era, and we are stupid and primitive!
                                Help negate the vegiterian movement!
                                For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

Working...
                                X