No announcement yet.

The War Debate - Persia or Spain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the last few turns Persia's Culture has grown and our troops were automatically moved back from the Persian territory.

Just thought you should be aware of this for the troops outside of Sardis.
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
      The SMC has stated his desire that we have 15 to 20 Spearmen before we start war.
      Actually... I'm pretty sure I said 15-20 swordsmen, not spearman. We need to start war soon, especially considering that the Persians are taking advantage of our trade network to upgrade units in Sidon.

Hopefully, it will be no later than this weekend.

Comment

ahh my error, thanks

well we have plenty of Swordsmen for your requirements then
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

let attack persia as fast as possible.
          We should take their cities in one blow and after this destroy the landing troops. Our sowrdsmen should be enough to keep the shores clear without leaving persians troops to attack us.

Comment

Are you talking of cities on the mainland? or just the ones on our homelands?
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

strike persia hard and fast clear our homeland ...

Vikings ride to glory ....!!!!!
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Which Cities do we take???

Sidon and Sardis are on our home island.

We have a mass of troops out side Sidon.

We have four Swordsmen outside Sardis.

Do we attack Tyre? small island

Do we attack Samaria? another small island

or do we go for the main land???

as an example we could land two main forces here and here...
                Attached Files
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

my goals are to clear our home land.. get those cirtys first the offer peace whilst we look for our next target...

Comment

yes well while at WAR with them, why not pick up one or two of these size able cities...
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

dont want to spread our army too thin, prefer targeting one section at a time

Comment

ahh but we have have:
                        27 Swords
                        4 warriors about to be upgraded to swords
                        with more warriors on the way
                        10 archers
                        2 catapults, with another almost finished
                        5 galleys, with two more on the way
                        and 13 Spearmen, with more on the way

how many do you think are need to take Sidon, we have it surrounded at this time with most of the Swords and the catapults... way over kill I feel, but they needed to be stationed somewhere.

how many do you think are need to take Sardis, we have 4 Swordsmen there now, with a swordsman and an Archer on board 'The Big Free' which is sitting in the waters nearby.

So if we were to commit 4 swords to each of these towns we still have 19 left.

with all of our galleys at the jump of points we could only move 14 units for the first wave at this time.

The invasion could be of mixed units, and with 7 galleys we could have a strong second wave within two turns.

we could even be cautious and attack Sidon and Sardis with 6 units each...

That allows us 15 units for the first wave for an attack on the Persian mainland.

I am of the Horde.

Comment

A good point of atacking Spain is that Madrid has The Great Lighthouse....

which really should be in our control afterall.

Madrid stands rady to be taken and held.

It is right within our Sphere of control anyway.

We could easily land two forces either side of Madrid.

Battle Force Gold. To the North of the city, Blockades the approaches to the city so that no relief troops can get through.

Battle Force Blue. To the south of the city is the attacking force.....
                          Attached Files
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

130BC Tarsus - Persia

Just another option on the proposed Persian War

If we are looking to only attack one city on the mainland of Persia, then Tarsus may be a good starting point... maybe...

- it shares a border with the Egytians thus sandwiched...

- it is close to Thor's Hammer for support

as mentioned I have only added this as another option.

My personal preferences that if we attack the Persians then we need to take out Gordium. I would also hope that we could also take out either Susa or Bactra.
                            Attached Files
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Re: 130BC Tarsus - Persia

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot

My personal preferences that if we attack the Persians then we need to take out Gordium. I would also hope that we could also take out either Susa or Bactra.
                              If we take any persian mainland cities, we need to burn them. They will culture flip back very quickly.. and we cannot risk stationing a huge force in them while we build culture in case they flip anyway and we lose the army..

I favour attacking BOTH persia and spain. Take Madrid to speed our exploring, and take the persian cities in our heartland ASAP.
                              The Best Multiplayer Game Ever

Comment

Re: Re: 130BC Tarsus - Persia

Originally posted by Moonbars

If we take any persian mainland cities, we need to burn them. They will culture flip back very quickly.. and we cannot risk stationing a huge force in them while we build culture in case they flip anyway and we lose the army..

I favour attacking BOTH persia and spain. Take Madrid to speed our exploring, and take the persian cities in our heartland ASAP.

Yes, I do like the idea of leaving their cities in ruins

A strike against madrid, yes... preach it !!!
                                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                                X