Germans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germans

I have tried many times to win playing as the Germans, but never achieved it. Everybody (well, almost everybody) wants to declare war on the Germans. Why? Is this deliberate design policy because of real-life history?
    I'm an Englishman, by the way, not German.
    Has anyone succeeded as the Germans?

They are my second most-played Civ, so yes. In any case, do the opposive Civs declare war less when you play as other Civs on the same difficulty? Do your tactic vary drastically for different civs, i.e. you find yourself offensively declaring war more when playing as the Germans?
    Making the Civ-world a better place (and working up to King) one post at a time....

Comment

I play the same tactics whatever Civ I use (i.e try to build up culture and only attack when another Civ gets too close). I keep my borders well defended.
      Using this method I get gradual expansion and often win the game.
      It doesn't work with the Germans. Perhaps new tactics are needed with more military emphasis.

Comment

Germans: Use Warrior Code to knock off a civ early, them raise hell on your neighbors for the rest of the game. You might even get to Panzers before you get a conquest or domination victory, but I wouldn't count on it. While it's possible to play that strategy (building) as every civ, Germany is designed to continually beat on people, making few friends along the way.

Comment

This is a good tip. I have found that even those Civs who don't declare war are either furious or annoyed with me for no real reason!
          I think it is essential to build libraries and universities as they are so cheap! As far as I can see this is the only + when playing Germans.
          On the good side, I do enjoy a challenge.

Comment

IIRC in the editor you could set the aggresiveness for each civ. To me it seems that most civs are a little sceptical when it comes to the more aggresive ones and the germans are most definetly aggresive so it may be that the rest of the civs are biased towards your civ. On the other hand I found that even with the most peaceful civs they still get mad at you and attack you as soon as possible so it may be a combination of both!

So long...
            Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
            Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
            Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Germany is designed to continually beat on people, making few friends along the way.
              just like in real life eh
              CSPA

Comment

I have won as the Germans by elimation victory. The Panzer Tank came in really handy too when I was taking over the world.
                Donate to the American Red Cross.
                Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

I have tried many times to win playing as the Germans, but never achieved it. Everybody (well, almost everybody) wants to declare war on the Germans. Why? Is this deliberate design policy because of real-life history?
                  I don't know, but if it is true, I like it pretty much
                  "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                  I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                  Middle East!

Comment

Typical for you.

Comment

And You love it! I know that.
                      Middle East!

Comment

I have only played as the Germans once or twice, but I can't remember what type a victory I achieved. I may play as them in my next game and see. It's just getting used to playing as a different Civ frustrates me sometimes and I have to play loads of times before I get a formula I like.

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                          And You love it! I know that.
                          Still spaming Heresson? You've already gained your avatar. Nice dog btw
                          Mine is better of course

Comment

He's not mine, my sister's, but I had nothing better...
                            And I'm not spamming... I'm leading a highly cultural conversation.
                            Middle East!

Comment

You must be joking
                              You and a "highly cultural conversation"?

Stop spaming.

Comment

Working...
                              X