No announcement yet.

Israel civ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, this is my first post at Apolyton.

I didn't read the whole thread, but I did read the last page, and it appears that I should remain on topic (or at least not go into religous issues)

But I wanted to comment on this point before asking my "On-Topic" question.

Originally posted by Meshelic

No you are thinking of the Cannanites, the Hebrew exodus from Egypt brought them to a land of giants (literally it's recorded these people were on average 7 feet tall and some were recorded at 13 feet, hence the David and Goliath story).

The palestinians never existed until the British mandate of Palestine. Basically a made up word. Now it's a household name.
    The Canaanites refers to two different groups who lived in this region: The Phillistines and the Phoenicians.

The Phillistines are the ones mentioned in the Bible who the Israelites fought. The other was known as the Canaanites until 1200 BC. They became known as the Phoenicians (phoinos is Greek for red, the color of the dye they traded).

Rome did call "the land of Canaan" Palestine (after the Phillistines).

Anyway, on to my "On-topic" question.

Does anyone have an idea for a "Non-Modern" Unique Unit for Israel?

Thanks.

-----------------
    Louis XXIV
    CDG Foreign Advisor.
    Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

• Hi Louis, so you are from the CDG? Sorry, it's a bit off-topic, but
      what is your foreign policy towards us Apolytionians in the ISDG?
      My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

• I'm hoping for a nice productive trade agreement that will help us both advance quickly into the Medieval Age (although most sites have their UU's then, I want to get there before we have to face units like Fanatikou's Riders or the German Team's Ansar Warriors).

Since we have a Trade Advisor who decides all the trades and an Ambassador who will be our sites "mouthpiece" and do all the site-to-site discussions, there really isn't much I do.
        But I'm hoping we can sit back and relax for a little while without having to worry about dangers around us.

Don't want to get into more detail in case someone who plays for another site besides our two can use this for some kind of advantage (Not sure what, though)

Hope that helps (sort of)
        Last edited by Louis XXIV; March 17, 2003, 20:43.

Comment

• I understand your concerns about spies. But don't worry.
          I could perhaps become a diplomat if I got time for it, but you can trust anyone you see wearing an A-badge next to the avatar. They are in that game, on our side. So just write a PM if you need another channel into Apolytonia , it can often be lucrative to use more than the one official (the political loaded) channel.

Comment

• Its gonna be pretty hard to avoid the off topic BS
            but i'll try anyway

Traits:

defintly religious, judaism has constructed the basis to all monothestic religion.IMHO that more important than creating an empire in mexico that later will be overrun by ONE spanish battalion and some good old spanish wits.
            second, militaristic- like it or not when you fight 8-9 wars in 55 years and even more in the anceint era.the society and its behavior and value system changes and differs from non-militaristic civilizations anybody who lives in israel knows how much important is the army(there is a 3 years mandatory service) and to most israelies its a natrual thing that the army should be strong and powerfull. besides in a local view israel is the only military super power around peroid. with the US army aid or not.
            its a known fact that every army(army not a guerilla organisation, 2 completely diffrent things) dared to cross the isreali border or to put massive amount of troops with the intent to attack(6days war) regert it later

UU:

Merkava(MK4), israel was the local punch bag in the
            ancient era creating a slingshot or a prophet UU is kind of funny if not sad
            i think a 24\20\3 should do fine since the MK4 as all MK is superior in its armour and hull builiding

Leader:

either ben gorion or mencham begin.

Comment

• 24/20/3 would be way too overpowered. the defence is even higher than that of the mechanised infantry. it would be the most powerful unit of the whole game, both defence and offense

and 4 defence points more than the non-unique unit is too much. 24|18|3 or 26|16|3 would be more balanced. maybe even same as MA (24|16|3) but with additional 0-range bombard (very strong against first attack, but after 2nd unit attacking, no additional defence)
              - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
              - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• The Merkava should also have self-destruction capabilities.

Comment

• does anyone know the frequency for triggering the self destruction?
                  - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                  - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Freq: 85.2640230 Hz Try it!
                    Same as a the el. fuse on a suicide bomb.

Comment

• [QUOTE] Originally posted by sabrewolf
                      24/20/3 would be way too overpowered. the defence is even higher than that of the mechanised infantry. it would be the most powerful unit of the whole game, both defence and offense

oh yeah, good point

Comment

• nuclear 99/0/16?

but in my game i changes it 66/33/16... HELIKOPTER?!
                        it still too powered?

Comment

• As for that second trait

I suppose Militaristic does make sense.

I would have thought them to be Religious, Industrious, though.

The sling was actually used in many armies, almost as common as Javelins or Bows. We tend to only learn about the latter, though.

I guess they would have been the "punching bags" in the Ancient era, so the Merkava might be the best unit.

Although, no matter what stats you give it, people would play Israel for its traits. Just like the F15, the game is decided by then for most people. It would definetly be better than the F15, because land warfare is just more effective.

And a self destruct option would be an added bonus

Comment

• Depending on whether it was added as the Hebrew civilization, or as a more modern Israel, the UU would either be an ancient unit, such as a slinger, or a modern unit, perhaps an air unit?

Traits would be Religious and....hm. I wouldn't say Militaristic - some of you have said this, but I disagree. I would go with Commercial.

Comment

• The Merkava should also have self-destruction capabilities.

Welcome, Louis. If you intend on staying, please visit our OT community.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

• but in my game i changes it 66/33/16... HELIKOPTER?!
                                it still too powered?

Welcome, Louis. If you intend on staying, please visit our OT community.

Comment

Working...
                                X