Which Civs should be added after PTW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beren
    If you want to include any Sub-Sahara civilization I think you must go for Mali (certainly not Zululand.)
    I was convinced to choose for Ethiopia for a while (or whatever spelling you choose to use), but there is a crucial breakthrough that made me change my mind. I heard about Mali. It has been proved that even before Columbus reached America, Mali did and traded with the Aztecs. Gold analysis shows that the gold used in the Aztec temples is from Mali origin. The king of Mali himself decided to set sail to America and left his kingdom to his brother (he never returned).
    Arab historians even report that when the Mali king went on his journey to Mecca, he took with him so much gold, that the Arab gold market collapsed. In short: the king (I think we are supposed to name him sultan) of Mali was a very rich man.
    I think what is part of the explanation that people want Ethiopia is that Ethiopia is christian. On the other hand, Ethiopia too is a good choiche, but in my opinion it is just second best.

I choose Inca, because I think it was truly a civilized country and has as much (if not more) right to be included.
    I choose for Thai/Khmer, because that civilisation has been neglected.
    All those civs in the middle east will make it very crowded in the area. The hittites were impressive, but short-lived. Armenia is not a bad idea, but never impressive. Lydia only invented coins, nothing else was done there. Assyria could be used, Israel couldn't (There too damn small and didn't achieve a thing, except when they were already conquered: at that time they had some religious inovations.)
    I didn't vote for Poland, maybe I should have. Maybe it should have been Lithuana.
    the mali king in question traded salt for gold in arab egypt [cairo] even by weight and collapsed the economy clear to babylon. but he needed the salt both ways. he was an the Haj to mecca. today muslims have it much easier to take the haj...
    -whatever...

Comment

my list:
      inca - sun warrior
      netherland - ship of the line
      Israel - merkava [no slinger unt that i know of]

definately

then Khmer or other indo chinese civ

and portugal

i might put java/indonesia or malay down

or australian aborigines

polynesia would be nice - is there a unit graphic [flic] of that double canoe?
      -whatever...

Comment

israel (better: hebrew), netherlands, polynesians, inca, maya

plus also inuit and one or two big modern day countries (brasil, argentina, canada, south africa, nigeria, indonesia, australia, etc.)
        - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
        - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Apache-Raider 2.2.2,Geronimo

Incas-Sun Warrior

Austrailia-Boomeranger 3.1.1

Netherlands-Ship of the Line 2.3.4/2.1.2

All I have to say.

Comment

Maybe I already said something different, but ignore that post:

Include (in order of importance) the Incas, the Thai or Khmer, the Mali (or possibly the Ethiopians), only then start looking for expanding the number of European civs.

Comment

anybody got info on leaders, uu ideas, and civopedia entry for portugal?

i found stuff for
              1.incan[ lots]
              2.dutch
              3.hebrews/israel
              4.songai [subsaharan african besides zulu]
              5. Khmer [used for thai also]
              6. indonesian

for world mod

for europe mod i plan to add poland, hungary, etc
              [31 european/invader civs]

btw can you place land units loaded on naval units for scenarios? it would help [for mongol invasion of japan on that mod]
              -whatever...

Comment

absolutely Dutch Inca Mayans Khmer and Mali

perhaps Poles and Portugese

I'm against Israelis, Canadians, Scots (too close to Celts), a Latin American 'country' civ, any more Middle Eastern civs, and Tibet
                "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

what would the UU for the Canadians be...seriously now?

Dutch should have an upgraded galleon or transport ship
                  Inca can have a strong warrior, or perhaps a warrior that treats all tiles as roads
                  Mayans an upgraded archer, perhaps 3.1.1
                  "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                  You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by orange

Inca can have a strong warrior, or perhaps a warrior that treats all tiles as roads
                    what else but a RCMP [royal canadian mounted Police -the Mounties] like dudley doright or gone south...
                    -whatever...

Comment

absolutely Dutch Inca Mayans Khmer and Mali

perhaps Poles and Portugese

I'm against Israelis, Canadians, Scots (too close to Celts), a Latin American 'country' civ, any more Middle Eastern civs, and Tibet
                      i personally think celts were a mistake if france was there too, but any way... i figure sales in israel will get them slot as well as netherlands... inca might knosk latin country and/or mayans out. khmer seem to be best ancient se asian civ [could be representative of all indochinese area... songhai/mail/abyssinia[ethiopia] should be easy... sorry but i agree canada won't probably get a slot... but if they do canada, they might as well do australia too...

remamber sales projections of that patch/expansion [like they won't charge for this...]

why do you think korea made it as early civ over incas, dutch, and mali/songhai?

so israel. netherland, inca [for south american sales], portugal [again besides portugal - latin americans get 4 powers! or 7 - guyana, guiana, and suriname]
                      songhai [?maybe -should be done, but what are sales projections for subsaharan africa? no offense to any one from that area, i wish they would have one... the civs have been done in mods]
                      knmer would be marketed for SE asia [thai and singapore $ for game and both expansions [$29.99+$29.99+$29.99= $89.97
                      hmmm who else could they milk for new higher game sales??? indonesia got extra game money?? make a good civ but remember marketing... poland got money??
                      czech?

ohhh.. yeah the Helvetians [swiss] a minor civ but the swiss got gobs of cash...

and canada and australia DO HAVE CASH!$$$$$

hmmm which way should they go vs which way they probably will go...

it's a hard decision ... should they pick legitimate deserving civs or find a way to sell the expansion milking more money out of us [the patches for it will be made every 3 or 4 months after its released but thats how its done...
                      -whatever...

Comment

how about a redneck? a worker, but clears forests and jungles in half the time.

too powerful. aztecs already have a fast moving warrior (2 MP). if the inca one moves 3 per turn it's in the most situations even faster than the jaguar warrior. only on own roads it's slower (3 instead of 6). this unit would make the aztecs too strong in the early game on big maps...

sounds good. it's the strongest unit (archers come with the starting tech for militaristic until mounted warrior and could be slightly overpowered, but why not?

Comment

Originally posted by hahntsak
                          why do you think korea made it as early civ over incas, dutch, and mali/songhai?
                          also because one guy here posted an essay, why the koreans should be in... i think that thread reached far more than 500 posts. firaxis must have been impressed

ohhh.. yeah the Helvetians [swiss] a minor civ but the
                          swiss got gobs of cash...
                          haha can't believe that not even i would have asked for that. i play civ3 for game purposes and not for nationalistic reasons, so i don't mind playing other civs
                          industrial and/or scientific and/or commercial would be suitable.

and canada and australia DO HAVE CASH!$$$$$
                          it's not all about cash.

or seriously, would you buy a civ4 if the first 8 civs were the richest or largest?
                          america, canada, germany, australia, england, france, australia, switzerland, korea, brasil

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf

also because one guy here posted an essay, why the koreans should be in... i think that thread reached far more than 500 posts. firaxis must have been impressed

haha can't believe that not even i would have asked for that. i play civ3 for game purposes and not for nationalistic reasons, so i don't mind playing other civs
                            industrial and/or scientific and/or commercial would be suitable.

it's not all about cash.

or seriously, would you buy a civ4 if the first 8 civs were the richest or largest?
                            america, canada, germany, australia, england, france, australia, switzerland, korea, brasil
                            i'm not saying i support the cash based civs idea, but essay or not korea wasn't as impressive as holland or mali or incas... i often play greece or carthage... or arabs i think incas is a must get next netherland is up in polls and israel them mayans [if incas doesnt squeeze them or vice versa] then hopefully mali/songhai, then thai/khmer and maybe indonesian. perhaps israel or polynesian or portugal [doubt it, though i 'd like to see it] or poland [again much as i think they would be cool i don't expect to see them.

btw i don't expect them to be as cheezy as to include swiss, canadians, or aussies... sorry mates, chocolate dudes and mountie lovers... now aboriginal aussies... what is their self designation ???

other cizs i don't expect to see: afrikaaners, Hittite, akkadian, inuit...

but they will charge another $29.95 for these 7 civs and littles else other than perhaps finally giving direct ip ....
                            [if only they could add 4 more on mp, but i suppose that's too much to ask for considering they'll only demand another $29.95 in addition to what we all already spent...]
                            -whatever...

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf

largest? where's china, india, russia...

btw if they read this:

-->>> do not make civ4 with canadians, aussies or swiss unless you got lots of civs [+35] including mali, incas , etc....

others civs to pass on: luxemburg, lichtenstein

not because they're small and really weak [but not broke] i might play lichtenstein if they had decent uu....
                              -whatever...

Comment

Working...
                              X