Modern Armor: suggested change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'd love to, but not enough time... too many PBEMs already

and therefor I had the house rule never to chop/clean outside the radius of an existing city.
    here's a potential exploit against the AI: place city next to forrest/jungle, culturally expand borders (this would make the temple of artemis very powerful) and chop down stuff... and continue like that. city, camp, city, camp, ...CxcxCxcxC

against the AI, this would be an exploit, against humans ok if everyone knows if it's allowed or not.
    maybe increasing costs of these actions (by a factor of 4?) would make this more "special"

in PBEMs tanks will unlikely ever come to play and all units before that are not wheeled (except bombarding units and chariots). it could get more interesting, if cavalry (and maybe all faster powerful units like knights) get "wheeled" too, so you really need roads for fast passage through the jungle.
    btw: conquistadores are now really powerful if they can retreat back into the forrests after pillaging actions and would be safe there against all fast units
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

I'm in if there is still room. I like the settlement restrictions idea.

We will have to consider sabrewolf's stated expolit - but I'm not sure it is an exploit. Seems the way mankind has expanded.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Excellent. So we have 6 players: Dominae, alexman, ducki, jshelr, Beta and myself. I will start a discussion thread in the PBEM forum tomorrow. See you all there!

Comment

ping -- sorry, just posting "properly" so the thread will tell me when there are more posts.
          Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by jshelr
            ping -- sorry, just posting "properly" so the thread will tell me when there are more posts.
            All you need to do is click the "Receive updates for this thread" link at the top of the page.

Edit: congrats on the retirement!
            And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Originally posted by jshelr
              why not. Just "retired" this week and I should have time for another game.
              Wanna change jobs??

(Congrats! )
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Since we are obviously going to be playing a mod (and since this game got started by recruiting in the AU forum) what would you say if we used the AU mod as a base for this PBEM?

Comment

I would prefer playing standard rules, but for Sir Ralph's suggested changes as above. Those should make the game interesting enough.

Maybe we should discuss this in the thread Sir Ralph will be creating anytime now...
                  And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Working...
                  X