No announcement yet.

AU 208: Total Eternal Forever War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or be willing to play it out several times... that's what I've been doing, and I am enjoying / learning from it quite well.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by alexman
      You might even want to drop two levels from your norm.
      That is good advice.

Comment

Originally posted by alexman
        Just a warning: this scenario turned out to be really tough. There have been many good stories so far, but nobody has actually managed to win it yet.

You might even want to drop two levels from your norm.
        I was going to give it a go on my normal Emperor, but maybe I'll try Monarch the first go 'round . . . not so afraid of losing (you win some and lose some) as I am afraid of having a very short experience and having to go again with spoiled map knowledge)

Catt

Comment

Tough sledding indeed. I played this scenario on regent (I play most games on regent, but going lower felt like cheating) and found my position in the game untenable after awhile. Don't quite have the empire management skills to wing it successfully without diplomacy and trade.

Good learning experience though (I won't spoil here obviously) and I've taken certain aspects of the warfare into other games with much success.
          Last edited by TheArsenal; June 5, 2003, 13:48.
          "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Catt the knowledge of the map and reading the events in the AAR will alter the play.
            I restarted to see if that mattered and I am doing so much better, it feel like cheating.
            Understand that even that does not mean victory, just a chance.

Comment

Re-visiting this b*stard until we get the AU Intro games going...

OMG, I am such an idiot!!!

As I couldn;t have Legions, I played this as Scandinavia.

Did anybody notice that I played AU 402 as Scandinavia?

F******CK!!!

Starting over...
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

We just figured that you REALLY liked Berserks.

Keep us updated.

Comment

Yup, we sure did.

Comment

id be rome, if it was an option. commercial would be useful so i could go strait for library, but as that seems difficult with these civs. i will be the celts. 6-8 of those UU's can go rip through dozens of civs...

Comment

Working...
                    X