There is only more
    What do we do it for?
    Because war rules, yes!

There's countries, to break
    And we have to make
    War not love, AAAGH!
    'Cause war's more fun

----------- War – total eternal forever war

Welcome to the latest course of Apolyton University, where you are going to sharpen your Civ3 military skills and share your experiences with fellow warmongers. This time, you don’t have the luxury of building up your infrastructure before clashing with your neighbors. You don’t have the advantage of carefully preparing a massive army before launching your attack. This time, it’s ALWAYS WAR! You must declare war on each civilization you meet, before the end of the first turn when you meet them. You may not make peace with them for any reason. Inflict defeat on your enemies, drive them before you, see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, bestride their horses, crush in your arms their daughters and wives.

The attachment at the end of this post contains three scenario files: vanilla Civ3, PTW, and PTW AU mod. Unzip the version you would like to play into your scenarios folder, and choose any difficulty level (probably lower than what you normally play) and any tribe from the list of available civilizations. PTW spoiler warning: the scenario mini-map is displayed on the bottom right before you load it. To avoid gaining spoiler knowledge, make sure to cover the mini-map before you load this scenario.

Don't forget to post your stories in the spoiler thread!

Apolyton University is a school of strategy, where students sharpen their Civ3 skills and share their experiences in a series of thematic games. When playing an Apolyton University game, gaining and sharing knowledge is more important than getting a high score, or even winning the game. Participants are encouraged to share their strategy after the game, and even to try several attempts.
    Attached Files
    Greece
    2.44%
    Germany
    9.76%
    China
    24.39%
    Japan
    4.88%
    The Aztec lands
    0.00%
    Mongolia
    0.00%
    Scandinavia
    7.32%
    Land of the Celts
    4.88%
    Carthage
    7.32%
    Russia
    0.00%
    France
    4.88%
    Persia
    7.32%
    Zululand
    0.00%
    Spain
    0.00%
    Ottoman Empire
    12.20%
    Arabia
    2.44%
    Korea
    0.00%
    Where fate placed me (Random)
    0.00%
    My journey shall never begin. It will ruin my chances for a Nobel peace prize.
    12.20%
    Last edited by alexman; May 28, 2003, 23:09.

Cool title. Thanks alexman!
    And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

[Flounder]"Oh boy, is this great!"[/Flounder]

Thanks for setting this up, alexman. I don't know which civ I'm gonna pick yet. Right now I'm debating between China, Persia and Carthage.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Darn Arrian, I'm debating between those three as well!

I'll try to pick whatever the majority does not, for variety's sake.

Dominae

Comment

By the way, point of procedure: you can trade with a new civ upon first meeting them, so long as you declare war on them directly thereafter, correct?

*Arrian doesn't want to actually research Warrior Code if he plays Persia or Carthage*

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
            By the way, point of procedure: you can trade with a new civ upon first meeting them, so long as you declare war on them directly thereafter, correct?
            Correct, as far as I know. This creates novel situations where you spot an another civ, but delay contacting them (and hope they do not contact you!).

Dominae

Comment

What....I can't be the Babs???

BigD
              Holy Cow!!! BigDork's Back!

BigDork's Poll of the Day over at MZO. What Spam Will It Be Today?

Comment

Good, that's what I thought.

May the RNG be with us! Strength and Honor!

-Arrian

Comment

I voted Persians, but I might reconsider before I start (which will probably not be tonight). The weather is to nice for cyber rape and plunder!
                  So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                  Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

This game is soooo fun!

Try it out, people, but put your evil hats on before you do!

Dominae

Comment

I'm trying Carthage/Deity. Better put that AAR thread up, I may need it soon!

Comment

Try it out, people, but put your evil hats on before you do!
                        I need no hat.

I'm trying Carthage/Deity.
                        Deity! Best of luck, Dave. That's gonna be rough.

-Arrian, who really wants to get home and download AU208

Comment

alexman is an evil evil person. I wish I could divulge more...

Yes, good luck with Deity DaveMcW. I'm definitely being challenged at Emperor.

/me jumps back into the fray.

Dominae

P.S: I'm playing China. I bet I'll to put Riders to good use in this game!

Comment

I'll give this a try as my first "official" AU game. (I played the one started on MZO) This one will be interesting to say the least.

Debating between Aztecs and Mongols...haven't used either all that much.
                            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

*ponders playing France*

Comment

Working...
                              X