No announcement yet.

Early pyramid construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Warz - if you are playing SP these days how about joining one of the Succession Games over in General?

SG[1]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

heading over there now to look at whats being played

*marches over in 1/2 quick time*
      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I'm sure you can get a few posts out of it.

RAH
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well i feel like a dork, i just figured out after all this time how to change the color of the civs, so i can play with the americans and the chinese in the same game

Comment

Was that post supposed to be in this thread?

Comment

well no not really, it was more in my response to the fact that i am SP alot more now, and i guess i was just thinking out loud ?

Comment

Since we were talking about colours and related issues is the other thread (and your comments seemed off on a tangent here) I wondered.

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                  Well i feel like a dork, i just figured out after all this time how to change the color of the civs, so i can play with the americans and the chinese in the same game
                  Are you going to tell us how? Or are the rest of us dorks supposed to figure it out for ourselves?

RJM at Sleepers
                  Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

I, Dork

Give it up, then. Hope you are on to something other than fiddle around with the rules.txt, or whatever.

Monk
                    so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

well its quite simple, and its in the rules.txt.

each civ is given a color number from 1-7 white thru purple...all you have to do to have the chinese and americans in the game is give one of them a different number.

i simply made the english #5 and the chinese #6 and when playing as the Capitalists (americans) they took their usual #5 slot and the Chinese took the English slot and color (orange) of #6. It took some getting used to , seeing the chinese as an orange civ in the game......but it works and will work for any combinations, all you need to do is remember that the same Color group/number cannot be in the same game.

so if you wanted the germans and the french in the game, you could make keep the germans dark blue, make the french white by putting a #1 in their slot, but remember you will have to change one of the white civs to a #2

or if you really want i suppose you could just change the names of the civs manually and move their cities around in the editor too...

but i found just changing the numbers made it easier.

remember if you call the germans the Nazis....if you dont' change the name of the country in the ciites location the cities will come up with no names, i made a map and did this and couldnt' figure out why 5 of my custom civs had no city names....then i went into the city editor and changed the civ name to communists/nazis/capitalists etc etc...and it took the city names

does this make sense...? i am not the best at explaining....

Comment

Yes, War4 is learning how to modify the rules.txt.
                        Scary.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's ok Rah, you always host, so its your rules.txt everyone needs to worry about.

Strangely Rah has added:

Make War4 drop if he is winning == 1.

I'm not sure what that means.

Comment

@War4ever

And do the Orange flavor of Chinese play with regular Chinese characteristics??

Monk
                            so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

again, they would play with the orange civ characteristics....but of course these are easily changeable as well...i find the best characteristics to use are agressive, expansionistic and use 0 for rational department....you can either copy paste or just look and type over.....

i want the ai to be agressive in aquiring land, but i don't want them to just build war civs like the zulus and the mongols..

really want i want to compete against is a whole bunch of civs like the romans/aztecs. these civs seem to expand well for an ai, while massing enough troops to war and building enough infastructure to maintain themselves.

civs that can do it all are the most dangerous to play against.

yeah, don't let me host, i have no clue how much i have tweaked , so there is no way i could tell someone ahead of time exactly what i have done

Comment

Working...
                              X