No announcement yet.

Campo Challenge 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just tried to download campo's attachment named 'campo1.zip'.
    I get a message 'either multipart or corrupt...'
    Can anyone explain... and help?
    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

La Fayette, I had the same problem.
      Load campo2.zip, there is also the starting position.
      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

I successfully started the game, and I'm pretty sure I used campo1.zip, so it's not an entirely bad file.

Thanks, Campo, but I have no illusions about my skills. Like you, I've eventually learned to win easily at deity (but I just lost a game for the first time since my first win). But even after studying the details and strategies of the game here, I still marvel at the really good players' results.

I got a good start yesterday, through about 1000 B.C. I got lucky and got a city out of the first hut I found. I still had a NONE settler at the time, which I thought made that highly unlikely if not impossible.

Comment

Hello, SlowThinker!
          Thank you for the tip. It worked.
          And I shall be glad to read news about your game

Comment

Originally posted by La Fayette
            Hello, SlowThinker!
            Thank you for the tip. It worked.
            And I shall be glad to read news about your game
            wait a year approx. ...

Comment

I am having problems downloading the file. Can you post the starting position as a simple .sav file? Is the game 2.42 or civ mp gold?

Comment

A question: how many civs?

Originally posted by geofelt
                I am having problems downloading the file. Can you post the starting position as a simple .sav file? Is the game 2.42 or civ mp gold?
                Geofelt, I had to rename the file "attachement" to "attachement.zip". Also only campo2 worked for me.
                It is MGE.
                Last edited by SlowThinker; April 21, 2002, 10:52.

Comment

Originally posted by debeest
                  I got a good start yesterday, through about 1000 B.C. I got lucky and got a city out of the first hut I found. I still had a NONE settler at the time, which I thought made that highly unlikely if not impossible.
                  Naah, NONE setts only affect the chance of getting other NONE setts.

Comment

It is 1060ad, and all is well. I have eliminated the white civ 4 times; I know approximately where the Romans v2.0 are. The americans are buckling under my and viking pressure. The Egyptians just got wiped out, the Spanish are now hiding out somewhere... About half the world is english, tho I still have a bit of exploring to do. I'm not sure this game will go on long enough for a space race.

Campo, I haven't done a comparison, but will the next time I play. I've kept a detailed log.
                    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                    intelligence to few.

Comment

My dial-in server wasn't working over the weekend, and I'm in a training class today. If I can get back to work at lunch I'll re-post the files.

It was Civ 2.42, save games (.sav) plus one log file (.txt) in a zip file.

Comment

Here's the 4000BC file as a .sav, assuming it attaches okay:
                        Attached Files

Comment

campo
                          I have played your game and looked at your saves.
                          Some details within a few minutes.

Comment

Great, looking forward to it.

I have to go back to my training class now, so I won't be able to check again until tomorrow.

Comment

Interim Report #2
                              roughly 1000AD
                              The Aztecs are no more and the Japanese declare ... my rep is still Excellent!

SG[1]
                              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Campo It was Civ 2.42, save games (.sav) plus one log file (.txt) in a zip file.
                                I didn't know the 2.42 sav files may be used with the MGE...

Since it is a kind of a comparison game: shall I play MGE or 2.42? Do/did a majority of participants play 2.42?

Campo, did you set 7 civs?

Comment

Working...
                                X