• Show
Clear All

• Rate the Civs

Lets see....

Romans 10
    Everything else 0

What do you think?

What is your favorite civ to play as?

I always play as Romans... unless someone takes white... then I curse them off and leave the game j/k

I know War plays only mongols... anyone else like this?
    I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

I'll snatch up white and take the Russians(though sometime customize to Ukrainians), and also the Egyptians 'cause of their snazzy city names.

Comment

Apache: well that's my favourite custom

Chinese for my favourite regular civ

Comment

I usually play as either the French or Viking because I have found that the darker blue is my lucky color. Although occasionally I play as The Indians b/c purple is my favorite color.
        Apolyton Empress
        "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

Empress don't you dare infiltrate my color scheme..... purple that is, with the pathetic Indians of either continent for that matter..... Purple is a MONGOL color only

------------------
          I am the kind of guy who likes to eat cereal in the morning while watching tv in my undershorts.
          - Roger Clemens
          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Hey, War... I have nothing to do ALL week, up for a game??

Sometimes I will customize the Franks or Holy Romans, out of French, German or Romans... but thats only if my color is taken...
            I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

there is a slight disadvantage for white in MP.Barbs appear right before white's turn leaving no time to rush a unit if necessary.
              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I always play with National pride.... the Brits!!!

But I like Blues, so I always kill any blue civ I find, thinking its lucky.

Not that I have anything against the French...

Eddy
                Knowledge is power and power is POWER!!

Comment

Good point, Smash, I never thought of that. Perhaps that's why barbs kill me horribly so often.

Either way I always play Romans, usually headed by The Divine Caligula. Oh and I customise the city names also.

Graag

------------------
                  You should never smoke in pyjamas, you could start a fire and burn your face
                  I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
                  Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

GRAAG.... lol yes you do customize your names

Caesar.... it appears the time for the destruction of your holy roman empire is upon you..... its time to siege Rome

Comment

I like to play as the Germans or English the most, although it seems I have better luck with the English. I know...it's all in my head. Those two are my favorites even though I rotate playing each of the civs equally, except for the French. Can't stand to see them on the map at all.
                      "Three word posts suck!" - me

"...and I never will play the Wild Rover no more..." - Various

Comment

i too play other civs in SP..... especiallly the light blue color... as they are the weakest civ.... i wish i could play against the chinese when i was the Americans..... or vice versa.... just for some historical value here..... after all the russians just aren't the same anymore However, only the mongols in MP unless someone takes my color group *cough Rah cough* then i get even more bloodthirsty and to quote the "thing" and "Steve Clark", its clobberin time

[This message has been edited by War4ever (edited February 20, 2000).]

Comment

I play as the Romans (with my Italian ancestry) or the Americans (my, er, "patriotic side" ). If I know I'm playing on a world with a lot of water and seperated landmasses, I'll go for a great naval power (English, Greeks, Japanese). If the opposite is true, I sometimes go French or German. But most of the time, it's Roman or American.

"On ne peut pas apprendre la chance si on n'est pas hardii."-Napolean

Comment

You don't want to play me when someone took white... I get pissed!

Comment

Hey War, whatcha doing here? Isn't the baby due about now?

Playing one civ versus another makes very little difference (like the turn order). The choice comes down to color and nationality, I guess. When playing as a civ, it is only as weak as you are. War4 said that the light blues are the weakest civs? I always play the Americans and they are ALWAYS the strongest civ.

Comment

Working...
                              X