Scenarios: Conflicts in Civilization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War

For my experience, this scenarios are to short, you dont have enough time to conquer all: and the units are not ver realistic its a pitty for those scenarios can be made with loads of units, wonders and technologies.
    The diplomacy is null, The rest never want to even talk to me :P. And pollution is just a pain in the ass.
    I like strategy much but war and peace treaties are being forgotten

Comment

• Gandhi rules! (ww79, june 1987).

I noticed last week that we had somewhat forgotten this ww79 scenario (Xin Yu, DrFell? where are you?) so I played until ALL
      objective cities clearly decided to show a purple flag (apart from Paris and a few others which were destroyed instead of conquered).
      June 1987: Gandhi rules (but I confess that this wasn't due to non violence : the number of nukes in this game is really frightening).
      The Indians used very few nukes until the very endgame, but the 'big 3' (Americans, Soviets and West Europeans) sent missile after missile at one another (and also at us ).
      No caravan rehoming.
      Much shorter game possible (but I won't tell you how ).
      Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• bump

Comment

• Re: Gandhi rules! (ww79, june 1987).

Originally posted by La Fayette June 1987: Gandhi rules (but I confess that this wasn't due to non violence
          Think of it as helping people reach that enlightened buddhist state of nothingness...
          The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
          intelligence to few.

Comment

• Hall of Fame

Here is the current state of the Hall of Fame for the scenarios 'Conflicts in Civilization':

Alexander (Macedonians): sept 331 - DrFell
            Alien (Europeans): 2013 - XinYu
            Apocalypse (New Beetles): 53AD - XinYu
            Civil War (Kentuckians): march 1863 - XinYu
            Crusades (English): 1243 - STYOM
            Discover (Dutch): 1647- arii (*)
            Independence (Americans): august 1780 - La Fayette (*)
            Jihad (Arabs): 716 - Lars-E
            Mongols (Franks): 1302 - Marquis de Sodaq
            Napoleon (French): March 1804 - La Fayette
            ww1 (French): March 1915 - XinYu
            ww79 (Indians): June 1987- La Fayette

All games are played at deity level, without caravan rehoming (except Xin Yu), all objective cities conquered (except (*)).
            (*):
            Discover: 2/3 cities conquered
            Independence: all but 2 (with special defence)

Comment

• Alexander, playing as the Macedonians.
              All objectives taken: Mar 333 (18 turns).
              Deity, no caravan rehoming.

Comment

• 18 TURNS ?
                If this result was posted by almost anyone else, I would think it's a joke (or a post sent by a bragger or a cheater), but it is samson and I must believe it

18 turns is not much more than the minimal time required to ride at full speed to the farthest city in the east.
                samson, don't you have any foes? don't you have walled cities to conquer on your way?

(La Fayette, almost ready to stop playing scenarios and start playing heads and tails)

Comment

• Originally posted by La Fayette
                  18 TURNS ?

(La Fayette, almost ready to stop playing scenarios and start playing heads and tails)

You sum up well the "what's the point of trying" feeling in the face of such prowess.

Following the advice of "Dirty Harry", I am going to admit my limitations and just play for fun and diversion.

so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

• Originally posted by La Fayette

18 turns is not much more than the minimal time required to ride at full speed to the farthest city in the east.
                    Actually, that was the principle strategy: ride to Sagala as quickly as possible bypassing all obstacles. This advance force consisted of the Companions, a vet cavalry, two chariots (bribed along the way) and a diplo for manuevering through enemy territory. Meanwhile, a second wave of chariots comes along behind to deal with the Persians and a fleet of triremes and catapults heads for Phoencia and Egypt.

Mini-log from second attempt, all objectives achieved in Feb 333:

Nov 335 - Ephesus bribed.
                    Dec 335 - Sardis bribed.
                    Jan 334 - Miletus and Ancyra taken.
                    Feb 334 - Cease Fire negotiated with all.
                    Mar 334 - Alexander reaches Nisibus (bypassed)
                    May 334 - Persians break Cease Fire, Ecbatana taken.
                    Alexander bypasses Susa, rides towards Bactra with 2 chariots, vet cavalry and diplo.
                    July 334 - Trireme fleet lands at Tyre; Alexander approaches Bactra.
                    2nd wave of chariots and cavalry positioned between Susa and Persepolis.
                    Aug 334 - Persepolis taken, Susa bribed, Bactra bribed, Tyre taken, Halicarnassus taken.
                    Sept 334 - Gaza bribed.
                    Nov 334 - Pelusium taken. Alexander at Sagala.
                    Dec 334 - Alexander takes Sagala. Indian civ destroyed. Aradus bribed. Phonecian civ destroyed.
                    Feb 333 -Memphis taken. All objectives achieved.

Perhaps if I had brought more Chariots instead of Catapults in my invasion fleet, I could have timed the taking of Memphis to coincide with the fall of Sagala.

The campaign was financed by selling off improvements and from enemies suing for peace after Macedonians became Supreme.

Comment

• WoW!
                      As I said previously: it looks so simple when you explain.

Anyway, I don't enjoy heads and tails. Therefore I shall go on establishing new records to be beaten by you later on .

1) I just replayed 'Napoléon', that I played as French about a year ago. Victory in september 1801 this time.

2) I also played Brit 1011 (one of 'Bestonet' scenarios) as Saxons. Victory in october 1067.

Comment

• La Fayette -

I've looked at the Napolean scenario, but don't know how to play it yet.
                        Sept 1801 sounds pretty good.

Comment

• sept 1801 is indeed much better than my previous result, but I know what happens when you find out how to play it

Comment

• I think it is wise to publish a new Hall of Fame before samson has his name written in front of every scenario .
                            Here it is:

Alexandre (Macedonians): samson (Feb 333)
                            Alien (Europeans): Xin Yu (2013)
                            Apocalypse (New Beetles): Xin Yu (53AD)
                            Civil War (Kentuckians): Xin Yu (march 1863)
                            Crusades (English): samson (1118AD)
                            Discover (Dutch): arii (1647)*
                            Independence (Americans): La Fayette (August 1780)*
                            Jihad (Arabs): samson (662)
                            Mongols (Franks): samson (1250)
                            Napoléon (French): La Fayette (sep 1801)
                            ww1 (French): Xin Yu (march 1915)
                            ww79 (Indians): La Fayette (june 1987)

(*):
                            Discover = 2/3 cities conquered
                            Independence = all but 2 (with special defence)

All the others are: all objective cities conquered, deity level, no caravan rehoming (except Xin Yu , who loves to rehome)

Comment

Working...
                            X