No announcement yet.

Military conquer with Democracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This might have been mentioned above and, then again, you might not consider it to be part of militarily conquering the world but not enough can be said for diplomats/spys and bribing cities. There's nothing sweeter than successfully bribing the last city of a civilization and destroying them "not with a bang but a whimper".

------------------
    Frodo lives!

Better dead than "Red"... or green... or blue... or yellow... or orange... or purple... or white.
    Frodo lives!

Comment

Many of these wonderful ideas for smashing the AI involve going out of Democracy for a turn [often with SoL] and declaring war when the Senate is not operating. It would seem that an even bigger challenge might be to conquer the world as a Democracy without ever changing governments or falling into Anarchy once Democracy was established. I would guess that the rules would have to be something like this: you must take the fastest tech path to Democracy, immediately revolt, and conquer the entire world without further scandal or change of government. I'll bet this is hard.

It seems like the only general plan would be to almost completely civilize the world first so as to have not so many cities to take out. One way might be to get Apollo and build a huge spaceship very slowly; wait for the AI to get huffy and then killkillkillkillkill. Perhaps there is a use for Manhattan Project here.

Is it true that the doves and hawks stay in power for several turns at a time? What causes one faction or the other to be in charge? Is it related to general happiness? Perhaps length of military service or some other stat in the Demographics table?

------------------
      --grigor

Comment

Grigor,

Hawk intervention-I heard that it was based on pure chance. And one needs United Nations or SoL to have a chance-50%?! Reputation or demographics has no part in the formula...though there was some other factor....?!

The best way to accomplish the scandalous land conquest is to have war involved allies...so when the enemy gets a reprieve from our foolish senate, we can go to the ally and have them request our assistence in the war effort without scandal...though perhaps a loss of reputation.

Another problem during civilized times is when the allied AI is ahead in the Space Race or prior to the space race. I think dissolving the Alliance and realigning with other more hostile AI's can have an inciting effect on the jilted.

I once had a game with an ally that was going to be in AC first. My howitzer brigade was lamed by the senate and the unwillingness of the ally to speak. So we sent in the spies to incite them--blew up two cities with suitcase nukes and didn't get caught! Of course we wanted to get caught! But in your scadaless version, one can't get caught. But what I did notice was the ally went from wondrous to uncooperative--that might be useful later....

AU--Barbarians in Civilized Cloth!

Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep? [--Inspiration of Blade Runner]

"> > Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the reader who
        >doesn't get it."--don't know.

Comment

when i fight my wars under democracy, i usually have a railroad connected to the enemy(i close a gap with a transport so enemy units can't reach your cities)...so it's quite easy, make a lot of howitzers, some tanks and mech infantry...and you kill a few cities in one turn...without unhappyness

------------------
          ThermiteB(that's me!) RLZ like HELL!!!!!!!!!!
          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

More opinions

http://apolyton.net/forums/Archives/...-3-000183.html

Carolus

Comment

Hi Carolus Rex,

After reading several posts at that thread, I've begun to wonder if the Fundy's have gone the way of the Dinosaur. Haven't seen any of them around here....

AU--I liked Frank Johnson's "Great Barrier" city.
              Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep? [--Inspiration of Blade Runner]

"> > Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the reader who
              >doesn't get it."--don't know.

Comment

Working...
              X