The most useful unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AU
    I'm sure we can do some kind of deal. As I have the MP version - MPGE is probably not necessary. However, I am keen to obtain the advanced CIV 2 strategy guide. I think there is one written by D. Ellis. Does this sound familiar?
    ----------
    SG (2)
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Ellis and John Possidente (Apolyton Poster in ToT section) did the first strat book and then John's brother David??? did the advanced one? IIRC.

Both are aware of the existence of Liverpool, but only in theory. I would be more than happy to send you a copy of the advanced strategy guide. I have one on order from Amazon thru the Apolyton store. There is also a link on the Apolyton Civ2 home page for Buying that searches online retailers for stuff. By typing Civilization II and Books I got this link
      http://www.buy.com/books/product.asp?sku=30136254

Now make that damn HAS stock go up like all of the other computer related stocks in the universe!!!

The most useful unit is the Vet Frigate with Magellans Voyage 4-2-4 becomes 6-3-6 and can carry 2 land units.

[This message has been edited by Sten Sture (edited February 17, 2000).]
      Be the bid!

Comment

That was a bit catty yourself SG(2) my son. Unfortunately Sarge has been having some mailbox trouble and has not yet got his Colonisation fix - hopefully I shall be able to get it off tonight - but it looks like tomorrow now ...

Aurelius, or was it Carolus Rex - Microprose does not want my money - I filled in their purchase order for CiC, FW & MPGE some $55 worth of stuff and they said "No shipper goes to your area!" - and just try out their so called "Customer Services" area!!!!!!!

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor

Comment

Well it is obviously your fault for living in the middle of no-where!
          Be the bid!

Comment

Well now I am really anoyed - it seems that my hard earned cash is simply not wanted in US of A!
            Having (qv) failed miserably to give Hasbro money yesterday, I thought I'd do my bit for the community and order from good old trusty Amazon (with whom I have done considerable business over the last few years) using the Apolyton link of course.
            What do I get, well both CiC and FW are cheaper through Amazon than direct from Hasbro but "These items can only be shipped in the US"
            For ****'s sake do they believe that the Ancient Scrolls contain the secret of 128 bit encryption or something?

Aurelius
            you're on! SG(2) and I will compose a shopping list over the weekend and be in touch early next week...
            By the bye one of us will have to bite the bullet and reveal an e-mail address so that we can get in direct contact ... I shall twist SG(2)'s arm or is the farmhand@**** I found from your homepage valid for you?

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor

Comment

Hi Cato,

It's valid! I think I've displayed it in public before without too much trouble. Let me know your list! I'm sorry that you don't have airplanes in Liverpool, but at least you have a slow boat in SF to dispatch the goodies--AU

By the way, going back to the thread, I like rifleman! I'm never sorry about having to develop the conscription advance.

Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep? [--Inspiration of Blade Runner]

"> > Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the reader who
              >doesn't get it."--don't know.

Comment

Hi AU!
                We want to trade.
                E-Mail coming. We DO have an airport at Liverpool, called Speke. Now pronounce it!!!
                ---------
                SG 1 & 2

Comment

Yeah, mommie put me to bed too early.

Just that I have had some bad experience with battleships.

Still, I think that battleships are less effective than a good AEGIS and a couple subs filled with missiles. In MP that is a good deturant; in SP it don't do squat.
                  "One is never too old to die young." Sgt. Sheets
                  FREE YYYH and Stewart Spink
                  We shall never forget!!

Comment

Working...
                  X