No announcement yet.

Do duels require more or less skill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One trick pony? You're a joke. I have played more settings than anyone out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey

I think that covers his last 100 posts

Adjust your sights. You're still hitting low.
      Last edited by SlowwHand; March 26, 2003, 12:45.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by MalevolentLight
        One trick pony? You're a joke. I have played more settings than anyone out there.
        Except the ones everyone plays regularly

Sorry one trick pony
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by MalevolentLight
          You play on invalid maps. I don't really need to say more than that.
          Horse's maps are great.

They test you out. Good players have to make their breaks. I love the challenge of relatively bad starts. The maps are realistic and interesting causing early war or massive late game wars.

These players wanting nice even starts and consistent map settings that suit their game play are really not great players. They have simply worked out math strategies that are not in the spirit of playing the impulses of civilisation as it was meant.
          "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

We have had some good maps lately - 5 each coord larger than small seems to work well.
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

One on one is too much luck. You get a good start, good huts, you win, you don't you lose. I like at least four players, on at least a medium map. Also (as in my thread for the new game I like to start) I like to limit the number of cities people can make. In most MP games I'll build at least 50 cities and slowly outproduce my opponents. This is not too much fun and also causes me to get a bit careless (not a fan of micromanagement). Having a rule about fewer cities forces the players to play more strategically instead of just trying to max out every square of land.

- Narz
              Shop Amazon thru my Searchbox, thanks! Narz's Chess Page

Comment

Originally posted by Narz

In most MP games I'll build at least 50 cities
                Try playing on smaller maps - that can limit the cities to say 10 or 15.

Comment

On small maps, we have no problem getting 25 - 30 before you need to start taking some away from other people
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm talking about 10-15 cities per player.

I think all that time you're spending over at FFZ may be making you go a bit soft in the head Ming.

Comment

Nice site FFZ, I tried to register there once but had my account deleted after 5 min.......

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                        I'm talking about 10-15 cities per player.
                        But I am talking about 25 - 30 cities per player for the leaders... You can pack them in pretty tight (and you need to on a small map)

Players even use the artic edge spaces to build if whales are in reach
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

i don't think i've ever gotten more than ten in the "rah rules" games
                          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

yes its not uncommon for two players to have 20 something ciites, another with 8-10 and yet another with none or with 15 or so...

depending how you pack em...and what terrain you have, etc etc...in x1 movement games you need ciites in order to survive....though i guess that is the same with any settings

its rare, but not unheard of to be leading with only 8-9 cities.
                            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
                            X