No announcement yet.

Do duels require more or less skill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have this situation with deity at the moment where he won't play nice with my civ for some reason - won't make treaties etc. So I've attacked him in nearly every game we have.

The most likely outcome of that is we will cancel each other out and another civ in the game will win.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Silly me, I often catch myself forgetting that I am in the presence of rookies and morons and therefore need to explain myself to the lesser folk of this community. By the time you get your little alliance going it is too late. You're still only going to be able to use your own units and as I kill you and take all your cities it's like getting massive amounts of advanced tribes.

Comment

Wouldn't it be fun to get him in a multiplayer game, say a 1x1x deity 4 way on a small archipelago map and see how he goes.
        Last edited by Alexander's Horse; March 25, 2003, 02:19.
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

"Wouldn't it be fun to get him in a multiplayer game, say a 1x1x deity 4 way on a small archipelgo map and see how he goes."

Why don't you just say..."Wouldn't it be fun to get him in a multiplayer game, say a 1x1x deity 4 way on a tiny map that gives horrible starting positions because it's too small. And then lets make it archipelageo so it makes all kinds of easy little areas to defend on where we can throw down cities on mountains. Then lets make it deity and 1x1x to truly slow the game to a ****ing crawl and make it impossible to do anything that might be unique or require something special. Then lets see him play a 5 on 1."

Comment

Yeah I shouldn't have mentioned that - I should have known you couldn't hack it.

Comment

Short version of Eyes last two posts...

I don't like your settings so you are a rookie and moron.
              I'm the greatest...

Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by MalevolentLight
                Why don't you just say..."Wouldn't it be fun to get him in a multiplayer game, say a 1x1x deity 4 way on a tiny map that gives horrible starting positions because it's too small. And then lets make it archipelageo so it makes all kinds of easy little areas to defend on where we can throw down cities on mountains. Then lets make it deity and 1x1x to truly slow the game to a ****ing crawl and make it impossible to do anything that might be unique or require something special. Then lets see him play a 5 on 1."
                I would have thought those conditions would require you to do something special to win as opposed to ICS by numbers. I can certainly see it would take you right out of your comfort zone.

Funny because that's what we play all the time

Comment

You play on invalid maps. I don't really need to say more than that.

Comment

Ok,I'll bite.

What is an invalid map?
                    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Any map and settings not appropriate for Eyes regular strategy
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Smaller then small, the mapgenerator tends to produce rather strange looking maps.

Comment

Invalid map means that the terrain is so bad that the computer can't find suitable start positions for everyone. Which means people will end up literally on the pole or in a sea of mountains or jungle.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                            Short version of Eyes last two posts...

I don't like your settings so you are a rookie and moron.
                            I'm the greatest...

I think that covers his last 100 posts
                            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by MalevolentLight
                              You play on invalid maps. I don't really need to say more than that.
                              Oh come on Eyes. If you really are such a good player you're going to have to show sooner or later that you're not just a one trick pony.

Comment

Invalid map means that the terrain is so bad that the computer can't find suitable start positions for everyone. Which means people will end up literally on the pole or in a sea of mountains or jungle.

Oh ok.I get those starting positions all the time.I call it dirt and rocks.I have played alot of games on invalid maps apparently
                                The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Working...
                                X