No announcement yet.

I am Back, and "Badder" then ever...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The REAL game is not decided by 1000BC, it is more like 1000AD before there is some possibility of choosing the winner with evenly matched players

That is why REAL players play the REAL 1x1x game, rather than the game where the winner is decided in one small game session

Comment

Originally posted by trev
      The REAL game is not decided by 1000BC, it is more like 1000AD before there is some possibility of choosing the winner with evenly matched players
      While I agree that alot can happen between 1000BC and and 1000AD... I disagree that you can't determine a winner before then. Even with equally matched players, sometimes it is TOTALLY possible to know who the winner will be at that point. A person can get such a large lead in terms of cities or position on the board that a winner is easy to determine at that point.

But that wasn't the point I was making. I was laughing my ass off that somebody would make the statement that they have only lost a single game that has gone past 1000BC... so what. My question to SK is, how many games have you lost PRIOR to 1000BC, and that those games are as valid as games that go beyond that date. That would be like me saying I have NEVER lost a game that has gone beyond 2000 AD... SO I'M NUMBER ONE.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

That would be like me saying I have NEVER lost a game that has gone beyond 2000 AD... SO I'M NUMBER ONE.
        Impressive. You should also start saying you are x times Rah Rules invitational champion.

Comment

Has anyone ever gotten to 2000AD in an MP game??!!

The latest year I got to I think was the late 1800's.
          "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by deity
            Has anyone ever gotten to 2000AD in an MP game??!!

The latest year I got to I think was the late 1800's.
            That's why I used that example... I've never been in a game that's gone that long. And I really don't see how a game can unless no war occurs and everybody really sucks... because somebody should be able to launch a space craft LONG before that
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by trev

That is why REAL players play the REAL 1x1x game, rather than the game where the winner is decided in one small game session
              Your use of REAL is an opinion. 2x games move almost twice as fast as 1x games so your 1000AD games are problably the same as 500BC games in 2x. Different strokes for different strokes.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Good point...
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

have to agree with rah, x2 speeds things up and makes for quicker games, allows more excitement...i am led to believe that is what the old men of the forum need......but b/c they have lost so many brain cells due to age, they compensate for x1 movement
                  Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I respect the other settings and don't mind 2x1x sometimes but you have to admit that 1x1x is the real game.
                    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

I agree that 1x1x is the "real" game... For SP mode

The slower pace of the game is just perfect for playing against the computer.

I just don't enjoy it for MP because it's a different pace when other players are involved... too slow

Again, different strokes for different folks... and people should play the settings they enjoy.
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

i'll play you
                        "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not. Why should I fear that which can only exist when I do not?"
                        - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Kuja
                          i'll play you
                          NOW THIS SHOULD BE INTERESTING...
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

/me goes to supermarket to get an extra large portion of popcorn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                              * DrSpike goes to supermarket to get an extra large portion of popcorn.
                              Would you share your popcorn if I provide the beer?
                              Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                              Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                              POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                              LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

This forum is very friendly......we always share all refreshments.

/me passes Cyrion the popcorn and takes a beer.

Comment

Working...
                                X