Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's whinge, and it just means the same as whine. We use it in England as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
      You can write your posts in blue if you want. Making the whole post a hyperlink to make it blue would be somewhat hamfisted.
      I have a Masters in it, I'm working towards my PhD.
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar

I have a Masters in it, I'm working towards my PhD.
        In hamfistedness?

/me bemoans the proliferation of hokum degrees in today's world.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike

In hamfistedness?
          Yse. See? That earns me Honours in Hamfisted Typing 101.

DrSpike bemoans the proliferation of hokum degrees in today's world.
          I suspect you're an ideal candiate for my Degree Course in Pomposity Pricking. Care to enrol? You can never have too many qualifications.
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperSneak
            So am I to understand that I'm talking about the universally known word "whine", and you are talking about some word spelled (sic) "whing", which I am assuming is the Australian cousin of "whine"?
            Yes, it is an entirely distinct, albeit similar, word.

Here is a useful link you may find interesting....

Comment

• and thus ends another Aussie thread - on something close to every Australian's heart - grammar

Ming please close.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• so did Mrs Horse have a good birthday ?
                The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

• Time for a new one
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                  X