Anyone for Iron Curtain PBEM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tanelorn
    I am not goig to relinquish my claim on Iran that easily. Geo-strategically it's next to my heartland, my backyard. Nor are you going to gain access to the Indian ocean from turn one, Emugod. Keep out of Iran, and we'll be friendly to eachother. Advance, and I'll turn to NATO and USA.
    Historically, the USSR occupied northern Iran, including Tehran during WWII. The rest was under British protectorate, the Iranians got British weapons not to join the Axis. Post WWII both withdrew, in favor of Rezza Pahlavi, who became the Shah- Western oil interests persisted longer. Iran was pro- western till Khomeini's revolution, 1979-80.
    If you push into Iran, you 'll damage our relations severely. Don't.
    Go do what you wish in Afganistan, Pakistani ties were established only after the Soviets withdrew, and SEATO had already dissolved. SEATO's claims are pure fiction, and he cannot pursue them, realistically, in this game. I am the power in the middle east, face it.
    And who do you think you are to tell the USSR what to do? We can crush you easily. Do not attempt to threaten us, or you will surely regret it. Any Arab interference in the Soivet-Iranian cinflict will be considered an act of war by the Arab League against the USSR. We have been willing to negotiate but this is the last straw! The Arab LEegue will not interfere or it shall suffer the consquences. Soviet forces are prepared to use the full extent of our might and as aresult, we are setting all forces in the area to high alert. Our nuclear weapons are set to blow Mecca and Medina away in a nculear fireball. The choice is yours, do not be foolish.

Comment

Please, please, gentlemen! Are we not men of reason and of logic? If we can not come to a free and friendly decision on our own, I propose we call upon a special council of the UN. Russia, the Arab League, and SEATO will all have the chance to explain their case for (and against) the annexations of Iran and Afghanistan. We will call for a vote in two separate resolutions, whether Iran goes to the Soviet Union or Arab League or even remains independent, and whether SEATO may peaceably add Afghanistan to its list of member nations. A nuclear holocaust will be just as terrible for the Soviet people as it will be for the target Arabs. Global warming and widespread death and destruction will leave no winners.

Comment

We agree, but the Arabs do not seem to understand anything but force. We have tried to be diplomatic by offering SEATO a share and we have helped the Arabs in the past by giving them technology and now they spit in our faces after all we have done for them. The USSR is perfectly willing to negotiate an agreement but the Arabs as usual want the whole pie with all the icing on top that they can get. Unless they are willing to retract these absurd claims to Iran and sit down and negotiate some sort of lasting agreement with the USSR, we will not back down. Soviet forces are fully prepared for an all out war with the Arab League, though we do not wish to fight our friends.

Comment

Yes, I do not doubt the readiness or the resolve of the Soviet Armed Forces, but I request that, whatever the military losses be of any war, they not result in any radioactive oil fields. Of course, we respect the claims of the Soviet Union, however, remember that oil is vitally important to the entire world economy. We stand by SEATO's agreement with the USSR to peaceably partition Iran and Afghanistan, and call upon the Arab League to drop their preposterous claims.

Comment

BUMP to get this game started!!!!! EmuGod

Comment

S T A R T T H E G A M E ! ! ! ! !
              "This Nation has earned the right to Live." - Carl Gustav von Mannerheim

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
              Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal

Comment

Come on! Release us from our suffering.

Comment

Please......

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!

Comment

USSR Turn 1

I was simply waiting for the negotiations to finish before I posted the turn, but I guess I'll post it now. Anyway, onto turn 1.

Soviet-Iranian war begins with immense Iranian losses. The USSR has occupied Teheran, the capital of the Shash's corrupt regime in Iran. As Soviet forces marched into Iran with POWs, civilians in crowds spit on the POWs and even attacked some. The citizens of Iran are happy that the Shah has been removed from power. Shiraz remains untouched, but that will all change soon enough. Arab League forces were not attack nor touched during the air raids and land attacks against Teheran and will not be attacked unless the Arab League attacks Soviet forces. Any attacks against Soviet forces or the bringing of any Arab League units into Soviet or Iranian territory will be seen as provokation and as an act of war against the Soviet Union by the Arab League. You have been warned.

The USSR kindly requests that NATO withdraw its forces from the airbase northeast of Berlin and withdraw her infantry east of Berlin. These areas clearly belong to East Germany, a member of hte Warsaw Pact and should be returned to their rightful owner.

Other than that, nothing else to report. The Soviet economy is prospering
                    Attached Files

Comment

No Attacks were made by USA in Vietnam.
                      Usa to China : withdraw your troops from Hue and then when i got the City we can make peace.
                      Attached Files

Comment

nothing special happened. el awrence: bari and naples are on the wrong place. consider some maps.

nato withdrew the two units requested by the ussr. we will also remind the soviet union that you and me both stand on THE one line from which we will not retreat only ONE step further. nato also requests the complete and immediate retreat of all soviet troops from iran.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Just to check, we don't have a player for the non-Alligned nations, right?

Comment

Re: USSR Turn 1

Originally posted by EmuGod

Soviet-Iranian war begins with immense Iranian losses. The USSR has occupied Teheran, the capital of the Shash's corrupt regime in Iran.
                            Shiraz remains untouched, but that will all change soon enough. Arab League forces were not attack nor touched during the air raids and land attacks against Teheran and will not be attacked unless the Arab League attacks Soviet forces. Any attacks against Soviet forces
                            or the bringing of any Arab League units into Soviet or Iranian territory will be seen as provokation and as an act of war against the Soviet Union by the Arab League. You have been warned.
                            Great, you managed to alienate your one and only traditional ally from turn 1, comrade. I understand that Tehran with its rich oilfields is the only real issue here. You couldn't even reach Shiraz. It will be mine next turn. I have to remind you that I have the majority of oil-deposits in this game (check the map) and I am in fundamentalism. Time is on my side. Consider yourself embargoed, till you withdraw from Iran.
                            Ok I will not attack you if your red army feels so vulnerable, but lets see what happens if you try to push me out of Iran...

It looks like a premature Afganistan conflict. Want me to remind you who won that one?

NATO, thanks for your support, feel free to trade with my oil-rich cities for maximum payoff in cash and beakers.
                            Anyone else wants the USSR out of the middle-east oilfields?
                            "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
                            -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
                            "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
                            "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

This is a call to all communists! Unite!
                              Under the pressure of the international community, China has started preparing the evacuation of Hue. The process has been considerably slowed by the many US warships in the area and will take at least another month.
                              President Mao is also considerably annoyed by the Nato troops left literally on the ancient city walls of Canton! The fortified area should be unfortified and become a DMZ.

Vietcong and NVA leave the combat zones around Hue.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Ceteram; January 20, 2003, 20:32.
                              Ceteram Macedonicus
                              (got the 'Macedonicus' part as a title for playtesting Bernd's Imperium Romanum)

Comment

Re: Re: USSR Turn 1

Originally posted by tanelorn

Great, you managed to alienate your one and only traditional ally from turn 1, comrade. I understand that Tehran with its rich oilfields is the only real issue here. You couldn't even reach Shiraz. It will be mine next turn. I have to remind you that I have the majority of oil-deposits in this game (check the map) and I am in fundamentalism. Time is on my side. Consider yourself embargoed, till you withdraw from Iran.
                                Ok I will not attack you if your red army feels so vulnerable, but lets see what happens if you try to push me out of Iran...

It looks like a premature Afganistan conflict. Want me to remind you who won that one?

NATO, thanks for your support, feel free to trade with my oil-rich cities for maximum payoff in cash and beakers.
                                Anyone else wants the USSR out of the middle-east oilfields?
                                Then cosndier yourself embargoed as well! Do not forgetwho has bneen your very generous weapon supplier for years! If you want to fight Israel, you will have to do it yourself, with your own military but let me assure you this, the Israelis have demonstrated their military ability in 1956 with aptitude in tanks. Do not epxect to be able to defeat them without any external aid.

Comment

Working...
                                X