Anyone for Iron Curtain PBEM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEATO Dec 1964

Australian PM Robert Chancellor of SEATO today mentioned that negotiations with Afghanistan were continuing, and that he hoped it would join by Jan 1965.

In other news, SEATO declared it would act to protect the Polynesian/Micronesian states of Noumea and Apia by offering them member-status under Ch XVI article iii, where smaller powers may become "protected states" of the alliance, where there defense against foreign aggression is handled by SEATO (ANZAC) regiments.

Finally, he noted that from January 30-February 2 he would be at a United Nations council, making speeches before the Special Political and Decolonization Committee. (Consider this a notice of absence. Would you rather I hand the reins of power temporarily to someone else, ingame or not, or pause the game?)
    Attached Files

Comment

Elsewhere in his statement, he again viewed the clash between the USSR and the Arab League "with great displeasure," though he mentioned that "Numerous SEATO nations, such as Indonesia, Brunei, and Malaysia, while somewhat less accessible than the Middle-East, are rich with oil, and, as SEATO, in Resolution 216, has outlawed OPEC from operating in any member nations, the prices are quite a steal. Plus, they are on there own islands (read: Continent bonus)! So come down for friendly places, friendly faces, and friendly gas station attendants."

Comment

Jim Panse:
        el awrence: bari and naples are on the wrong place. consider some maps.
        My name is "Academia", not el awrence
        Thanx for your comments, i´ll take that into account.

So far, what do you think of the scenario?
        Please, post here (or send me a PM) your ideas, comments, critics? I need your feeback in order to improve the game
        South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
        Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

The USSR deplores the American attempt to take Hue in Vietnam. The United Nations clearly partitioned French Indo-china into Cambodia, Laos, North and south Vietnam, with clear borders for all. This taking of Hue is an attempt to eliminate the North Vietnamese legitimate government by slowly bringing its population under South Vietnamese control. the poeple of Hue, like other in North Vietnam, have chosen their government, unlike Diem's leadership in South Vietnam and disrupting this by taking over Hue undermines the very belief of democracy.

Comment

Hue is below the 17th parallel, the location of the DMZ and thus within the borders of South Vietnam. In fact, Academia, Hue didn't fall to the VC/N. Vietnamese until the 1968 Tet offensive, and even then it was only held for 25 days. The city then remained in S. Vietnamese hands until (whips out encarta) March 25, 1975, when it was recaptured and everything went to hell.

Comment

Hue is below the 17th parallel, the location of the DMZ and thus within the borders of South Vietnam. In fact, Academia, Hue didn't fall to the VC/N. Vietnamese until the 1968 Tet offensive, and even then it was only held for 25 days. The city then remained in S. Vietnamese hands until (whips out encarta) March 25, 1975, when it was recaptured and everything went to hell.
              Thanx for the info. Really interesting comments...
              I´ll have to change the "owner" of Hue.
              Ideas?
              USA should have it? Non-Alligned, Rebel States?
              South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
              Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

Well, if you want the US presence in S. VN to be "US Observers," then give Hue to the Rebels, but if the Chinese conquer it, the US will declare war on them via events. If you give it to the Non-Alligned states, the Chinese/VC will never be able to take it without going to war with India, which had absolutely nothing to do with VN.
                If you want the US to represent the Government of VN, as you have done in Korea and Japan, give it to the US.

Comment

Just re-name it to the Norht Vietnamese city of Da Nang.

Comment

The USSR deplores the American attempt to take Hue in Vietnam.
                    We have talked with China and he agreed about giving Hue to me.
                    "This Nation has earned the right to Live." - Carl Gustav von Mannerheim

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
                    Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal

Comment

America gets Hue!
                      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by EmuGod
                        Just re-name it to the Norht Vietnamese city of Da Nang.
                        Oops, I meant the North Vietnamese city of Dong Hoi.

Comment

NATO Supreme Command Notification:

(1) NATO will support ANY conventional act of retaliation or war of our allies and friends all around the globe;
                          (2) NATO will support ANY nuclear retaliation against ANY of our Allies and/or Friends all around the globe;
                          (3) NATO will NOT participate in ANY kind of nuclear pre-emptive strike against ANY all around the globe.

NATO asks the USSR to retreat from Tehran and Northern Iran immediately and unconditioned. NATO also informs the UN Security Council Members USSR, USA, SEATO and CHINA that we want a dicussion in the UN Security Council to dicuss the Soviet aggression in Iran.

Comment

The United States of America agrees with Nato.
                            We want that Soviet troops in Iran retreat to the Soviet Union immediately!
                            We are ready discuss this matter in the UN Security Council.

Tanelorn your PM box is full.. and its your turn.

USA to China : Sorry about thoose Warships. I'll withdraw them on my turn.
                            Last edited by FiGu; January 24, 2003, 10:33.
                            "This Nation has earned the right to Live." - Carl Gustav von Mannerheim

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
                            Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal

Comment

And if I refuse, what will you do about it? I offered a deal and SEATO accepted it. Do you really want a war over this?

Comment

SEATO did indeed accept the deal, but only because it was felt that the USA and NATO did not care about anyone in the Middle-East. Therefore, we shall only listen at the UN meeting. However, we will support any resolution passed by the UN to indicate our support for democracy and the free market. We feel vindicated in our actions as Afghanistan is not yet in our alliance; a peace envoy was dispatched, but his railroad car was ambushed by Tajik tribesmen and he has thus suffered a temporary delay.

Keep us updated as to any and all resolutions, and we apologize for the crisis of morals that prevents us from taking immediate action.

Comment

Working...
                                X