• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hydey

Tonight
    I'll be here.

Friday night
    My poker night.
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
      And *sigh* there's all kinds of special rules and unspoken understandings which prevent early war.
      finbar doesn't like war so you can't attack him and he won't join in one.
      You're not allowed to attack hydey (don't ask)
      Deity won't attack anyone so he can maintain his "spotless" rep so he just spends his time being annoying and trying to provoke people.
      Makeo and I tend to just circle around like sharks waiting for something to happen.
      And some people think that Rah rules are weird...

From the sound of things, you really should be playing a scenario
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well when you think about it we are playing a scenario
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Well when you think about it we are playing a scenario

I used to envy you guys because your group continues their games... but after reading your "special rules" I now wonder why you even start
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Our games are more social - more like one of those family card games where you aren't allowed to trump Mummy and the little kids get a couple of extra cards so they can keep playing
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Our games are more social - more like one of those family card games where you aren't allowed to trump Mummy and the little kids get a couple of extra cards so they can keep playing
              now that is funny.....

its the same reason why i play with ming and rah, we have a few pops, do the lettuce thing....and talk on icq and enjoy the game.

x2x1 isn't my favorite, but these guys are :b

sounds like your group is fun, do you think somenoe could sub 15 sessions for me and then i could join and take on deity or makeo, or even better , you
              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                sounds like your group is fun, do you think somenoe could sub 15 sessions for me and then i could join and take on deity or makeo, or even better , you

Oh... and thanks for the kind words
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Hmmm I dunno War - you might be a bit too rowdy fr this group. We had Berz in one game and he up and attacked Hydey

I tell you what would happen if you played - deity would absolutely obsess about your presence the way he does when makeo plays. He'd be constantly on icq trying to sew up some sort of secret alliance against you

Comment

Why use ICQ when you can choose who to talk to in king chat?
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

Because its very easy to forget to mute other players.

We've read some hilarious KC exchanges we weren't meant to read. Nobody says a word.

I should also warn War4 that though we play non-alliance an attack on one of the Australians is normally regarded as an attack on all the Australians.

We put our many differences aside in that situation - as Berz would have found if that game had continued

Comment

rotflmao....... yes deity would obsess wouldn't he....after all i believe it was he who introduced me to you aussies by calling me the canadain Makeo....much to the groans of finnie and co......

still one day we need to hook up, perhaps time will allow a few aussies and a few americans

Comment

The Christmas/new year holiday would be a good time. I'm off work from 2o december till 20 january.

Comment

i dont have much time around then, just the weekends and the day before and after christmas.......as our govt office works year round to fIIck everyone up

but we may be able to work something out

Comment

Hey War - I remember one of the very few games you joined in with us. You dropped out, rejoined, but had to sit there and watch the AI play your turn. Remember?

BTW, that was also the game where we discovered, later, that Rasputin - who was hosting - had removed half the Wonders from his rules.txt and forgotten to mention it before we started. Someone would research the prerequisite tech, go to start building the Wonder, and discover it didn't exist in their choices. When we complained, Ras cracked the sh*ts. The game very quickly disintegrated.
                              " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                              "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I've seen Raz up on the civ3 forums - those kiddies are in for a shock

Comment

Working...
                                X