No announcement yet.

Do You Play Civ III ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see where I said there wouldn't have to be fixes, Rah.
    What I see me saying is Civ III SP kicks Civ II SP's ass, taking it down the road then; Civ III MP should do the same to Civ II MP.
    It's only reasonable.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

especially if i can attack with my horde of warriors and defeat your vet musketeers

see the warrior defence is alive and well
      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I doubt that will be the case, War4.
        And like I've said, if you go all out attack for a long time, and don't win, then you suffer war weariness and are ripe for a counter attack, if one chooses to do so.
        One could just fend off with defense, keep building science and culture improvements, and do fine.
        Maybe win.
        Hypothesizing, that's all.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

win via culture why must the church be included in games.....why don't they just have a tech called crowd control to appease the masses....

culture was interesting ....but kinda silly to me....

were culturally advanced b/c we build more temples/cathedrals/colliseums than your empire .....

Comment

With the simplified combat, sitting back in a defensive stand is considerably harder in CIV III. Keeping 2 or 3 good defensive units and 1 offensive unit in a city (like is common in CIV II) won't stop a horde of attackers. (like is common in CIV II) and that one offensive unit isn't going to take out a stack. (especially the way CIV III handles cats and artillary) 10 warriors attacking such a city are likely to be successful (unlike civ II)

This will drastically change how we play the game. While tech windows will still play a role, you don't need to wait for them to go on the offensive. Build you stack of 10 warriors and go have fun. Nothing early is going to stop them except another stack of 10 warriors, and you can't afford to put 10 warriors in each city. It will become more of a shell game. Being able to switch shells will become of critical importance. Being attacked from two sides could be devestating, (unlike now in civII)

RAH
            This is why I hold some hope for CIVIII. Tactics will be much more important.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If y'all don't like, that's fine; but there's more to the world, and Civ, than what some like to dwell on.
              If you're all content to ICS and have no other factors involved, great for you.

Comment

God, I hope you were responding to someone else's post with that one Sloww, because otherwise it made no sense what so ever.

RAH
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I wasn't responding to your holding out hope, Rah.

Comment

One thing I feel I need to disagree with War4 on is the culture aspect.
                    It's the same as, I'm just using an example close at hand, Afghanistan and the USA, or whatever comparison you want to make.
                    Yeah Afghans, or whoever, are fierce fighters; but mix in some culture and have balance, and you have the USA, or whoever.

Yeah, I bet that's just clear as mud, huh ?

Comment

no i understand what your saying Slowwhand....i just think a cultural victory is a bit cheesey.....

i like the idea of culture...just not the way its implemented in civ3

as for ics...i haven't ics'ed in years but the power of ics is amazing when you have 10 close cities are pinned in and have just discovered iron works after building STWA

but then again, civ is all about reading your situation and making the necessary changes on the drop of a dime and not looking back....

Comment

I'm with ya there. Always a new ripple in the pond.

Comment

Have you played a tribe match lately...i have heard nothing about tribes for a long time now

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                            as for ics...i haven't ics'ed in years but the power of ics is amazing when you have 10 close cities are pinned in and have just discovered iron works after building STWA
                            STWA, didn't you know that makes you a bad player?

RAH
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

i forgot......all those caravans paying me 10-17 gold each while in monarchy is far better than my 10 vet legions walking along themountain tops and beelining for core cities

Comment

But don't you remember, Monarchy is a wasted tech also. I guess you just suck

RAH
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X