No announcement yet.

Do You Play Civ III ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I automate the cities with Governors, and automate the workers.
    If you have people playing the game, it will be different than what you see in SP.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I played it about 3 times......hopefully it will become better with MP.

Comment

No

Comment

Played it a few times, and was too disgruntled to continue after losing Calvary to Hoplites in clear terrain, or Tanks to Musketeers.

And the Tank vs. Spearman myth/reality is a little too much for me to handle.

I'll try it in MP, but I think it will take too damn long. Imagine trying to work out a deal with someone in Simul. play! ARG!
          Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

did you ever play civ1..the classic battleship loses to phalnx
            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I played like 2 and a half games and decided it was crap and put it away.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

i last played in early december and have no intention of playing it again, not even MP
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I actually liked Civ 3 over Civ2. Mostly because Civ3 at least tries to be different from Civ2.

Civ 2 is just an updated Civ, IMHO.

However, I don't play Civ3 anymore, whereas, I will still play Civ2 on rare occasions.
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

that may be true....but civ2 update is far better than civ3 at this point....

civ3 failed in the same ways that the CTP series failed....gameplay completely changed and the new ideas while kewl, were not implemented in a way which was suitable for fun gameplay.....
                    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever

civ3 failed in the same ways that the CTP series failed....gameplay completely changed and the new ideas while kewl, were not implemented in a way which was suitable for fun gameplay.....
                      I got pissed off when my panzers where dieing on archers, and i'd move in 11 units in a city and poof next turn the city belonged to the other guy.

warcraft 3 rocks though... I have been playing that every now and then.
                      Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
                      and kill them!

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever

True, but how long did it take Civ2 to reach that point?

If Civ3 still isn't as good as Civ2 when all is said and done, I'll agree with you.

But, there are still things being done to 3, so I'll take a "wait and see" approach.

Edit:
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Well i tried to get into civ 3 but playing the ai is just plain boring no matter how improved they claim the ai are

Comment

From what is being discussed about Civ III MP... it might have potential. Victory conditions like capture the flag and many different game options may give us the game we are looking for. But until we play it, I won't hold my breath.

Keep on Civin'... Civ II MP I mean
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

i once played it, but the only good thing was the graphic
                              "Only after the last tree has been cut down,
                              only after the last fish has been caught,
                              only after the last river has been poisoned,
                              only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten."

Comment

It just didn't have the one more turn feel.
                                The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Working...
                                X