Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Play Civ III ?

Right, this is MP II forum.
    Exactly where this thread needs to be, because I'm asking MP II people.

So do you? If you do, what do you think ?
    Yes
    37.14%
    No
    62.86%
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

i played it, beat it, haven't played it since they released some newer patches for it...didn't really care for it....back to civ2 MP now..and have been this way for a few months
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Not since the original flurry. Got boring quick. Needs MP.

RAH
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So far, I like 3 better than 2. It removes a lot of the things I disliked in 2 (e.g., diplos, caravans, city bribing, city triangulation, clicking in the black). What I've heard so far about MP sounds promising.

Comment

No... not in a while.

But then again, I don't really play Civ II SP either.

We will see if Civ III MP is more fun.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I think III has the potential to be excellent as MP, especially if you leave all options open; as in Cultural victory etc.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

i played for about a month or so when it came out.. now i just use it for a coaster.. in short it sucks

Comment

I'm still waiting for it to come out as a budget title...just to complete my collection.

In the meantime I'm playing Civ2 scenarios and playtesting Freeciv
                Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Nope.........still too expensive. I'll wait a few years and then perhaps I'll consider it. Firaxis ain't getting my money so easily.
                  I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                  Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

MP is going to suck.. No only is the game horribly slow but its going to suffer from the same problem that affects most of these TBS games. The movement of superstacks. Band together 30 horses and move them on the same squares and your invincible.
                    Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
                    and kill them!

Comment

You can do that now in MP, (using preworked settlers building fortresses along a river or road network) and while it is tough to stop, it's not invincible. Attack that mountain city defended by vet fortified pikemen, watch your horsemen dissappear. Granted in civIII, it's much more effective. (especially since you can't build on mountains.)
                      But I see your point.

RAH
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                        You can do that now in MP, (using preworked settlers building fortresses along a river or road network) and while it is tough to stop, it's not invincible. Attack that mountain city defended by vet fortified pikemen, watch your horsemen dissappear. Granted in civIII, it's much more effective. (especially since you can't build on mountains.)
                        But I see your point.

RAH
                        I saw the AI move a stack of 50 units... but now you can do it right from the get go.. The attacker has a huge advantage.. Then again only in civ3 and in civ 1 can you lose battleships and tanks to warrors
                        Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
                        and kill them!

Comment

The joys of simplified combat.

Especially in Deity when the AI starts with a stack of warriors on turn 1.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I haven't even tried it....I'll wait also untill it's cheaper.....
                            Legalize it now!!!!!....Free the Weed!!!

Comment

No, I've played several times and have developed an intense dislike for it. It is boring. I hate not having diplos. It has some good elements but for the most part, it stinks.

Civ 2 forever.
                              Beer - helping white guys dance since 1878.

Comment

Working...
                              X