Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Deity maintain his spotless rep after attacking finbar on Onion Island?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parrots coming home to roost, hm?
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

He better get them to work on the phone line again
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Alliances are made to be broken.......

"keep your friends close ,and your enemies closer"

i have always liked that line...and it applies here too i think
        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
          Alliances are made to be broken.......

"keep your friends close ,and your enemies closer"

i have always liked that line...and it applies here too i think
          Do Ming and RAH know?

I'll just quote in case you edit
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Not really sure what the twin towers think on that one.....its never been a problem, the treachery in our games.....

the only feuds are those involving nukes....

Comment

I just remember Ming and RAH writing in many threads that they would never ally again with an ally that backstabbed them.

Perhaps a few lonely games for you ahead

Comment

well nowadays we play every man for himself....alliances ruin the game..first two that meet have such a huge advantage.....

Comment

You are the sort of player who should just be attacked on sight

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                    You are the sort of player who should just be attacked on sight
                    naw we just fight over whose b itch hes going to become.
                    Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
                    and kill them!

Comment

very good Markus, very good indeed.
                      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

who are you kidding Markus......more often than not your the one over the barrels in x2 Rah games

you state as much via icq to me the other day.....just not in those words exactly

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                            I just remember Ming and RAH writing in many threads that they would never ally again with an ally that backstabbed them.

Perhaps a few lonely games for you ahead
                            Depends on the situation. If they backstab in the first few turns, then I'd be pissed, but every alliance at some point loses it's luster. In fact, I can remember breaking an alliance with War4, many years ago and taking about 7 of his cities in one turn. These days, we don't even allow alliances. And the gentlemen's agreements aren't always between gentlement. But I don't take that stuff personally anymore. Life is too short.

Now with Markus, we just try to make sure we're playing with people that won't agree to be his trade whore. He has been much easier to handle since.

The last game we played, he named his civ the RAH-Killers. And sacrificed any hope he had in the game just to take a few of my cities. Even after he suceeded, his civ was pathetic. Look what he's been reduced to

But at least overall he's one of the better players and always offers a challange to contribute to the fun. That's what the game is about. Now if he'd just learn to limit his boasting, nawwwww

RAH
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                              The last game we played, he named his civ the RAH-Killers. And sacrificed any hope he had in the game just to take a few of my cities. Even after he suceeded, his civ was pathetic. Look what he's been reduced to

But at least overall he's one of the better players and always offers a challange to contribute to the fun. That's what the game is about. Now if he'd just learn to limit his boasting, nawwwww

RAH
                              ya my civ was pathetic but i had huge production. I had a choice at the start, "try" to build up my civ which would have been extremely hard, or go the war path which was easy.
                              Seeing as the game would stop in 6 hours never to continue again, i figured that was a better alternitive then sitting there and hitting enter waiting for techs to come. (i was at 25 turns a tech for a while) That and the fact i lost my first 6 units to the celts and the egypt made me out for some blood.

As for boasting, that is more of a pshyc weapon from my rts days. If people think your stronger then them they hesitate on the attack, if they think your coming to flatten their civ they change build orders etc etc. Civ is all about perception, you base your attack on what you think the other guy has, you base your defence on what you think the other guy has etc etc etc. Most of you 2x 1x players still can't understand my defending with warrors

And war4ever i said 2x 2x.. I tried a few games but am just not into it anymore. In the rah games I have never lost a city.. mostly because we never get far enough to have a real war. IE tatics.
                              Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
                              and kill them!

Comment

Your comments about perception are dead on. And it's always good to mix up your stratagy to keep people guessing. If you balls out go after someone one game, they're going to remember that for the next 10 games if you're their neighbor and will expend more resources defending. As stated above, you're one of the better players. I don't think anyone on these threads will deny that unless we're having one of those stupid "who's the best threads". But we really don't need to be reminded again and again. I think it's lost it's effectiveness with us, so feel free to tone it down.
                                Save it for the newbies.

RAH
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X