No announcement yet.

Playtest; IMPERIALISM 1870

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree Gary, this is against edicate. (would have told you while IMing, but I had other things on my mind) I suggest you hand over one of your iron clads or other ship of war for. If you two decided on a peace treaty, then you two are supposed to abide by it, even if the official in game state is war. We can call it a 'mistake by the navy on account of inability to recieve peace treaty message', but even then it should be payed for.
    Visit My Crappy Site!!!!
    http://john.jfreaks.com
    -The Artist Within-

Comment

• Ok we have a major problem here.

JMarks told me that revolution was grayed out for him, and when I checked it was the same for me.

This is data that is stored in the scenario file (and later the save file) itself and this means that whoever played the first turn was using an old version of the scn file (this bug was present in the initial playtest version).

It seems we now have two options:
      • Find someone who can hex edit save files and change this flag so that everyone can change govt.
      • Restart the PBEM with the final version of the scn files.
      No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

• Revolution isn't an option for me too

Comment

• in that case there's also a third option, namely we just acceptit the way it is

Comment

• Thats not an option, if we stay in monarchy all of the game it becomes impossible for anyone to compete with the US that starts out in republic.

Comment

• bumping in

Hi, I am playing the playtest at CFC, and I asked Exile about this. The thing is: you can ONLY revolt when you aquire a new Government Tech !
              So, make sure you aquire it at the right time for your Civ, and accept the option presented...

Like it or not, it was intended this way.

N.B.: Interesting game here
              "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• I was just writing the same thing!

When a gov tech is acquired you can chose to start revolution regardless of that it is turned off in menu.
                AI never uses it, though.

Comment

• Strange, when I told phenix about this early on in the playtest he told me it was a bug and that it would be changed...

In any event this means that people who get govts trough tech trading wont ever be able to change govts.

Comment

• Well as you discover techs you can choose whether to revolt or not

Comment

• Sure but if, say, one of your allies was to give you a govt...
                      Then it wouldnt be your turn and you would miss out on the govt changing chance.

This severely affects any SP game as well, as the AI wont ever be allowed to switch govts (the switch upon discovery doesnt apply to them)...

Comment

• Hmmm, well we can carefully regulate government tech trading, so that it's possible for people to switch. IE, only trade govt techs on turns where you would be the recipient, or during a realtime multiplayer game.
                        This also brings a problem, because just this last turn, on my turn, I gave republic to France, and how he can't choose it. So I was wondering if you'd mind allowing me to replay my turn, Grothgar, so I can either not give the tech to France. And that way, we wouldn't have to deal with this new ironclad development either, and everyone would be at peace and happy. What do you say, Grothgar?

Comment

• Well you also gave republic to me, and i cant switch to it, which was many turns ago, about 3 so i want to change!!!
                          And im very happy with the ironclad thing
                          Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

• Does anyone EVER read the readme files?

If they did, they would see my statements on government switching. I'm not hiding it, and it's not a bug. This is the way that I want it. Is it a perfect solution? No. Sadly, it often seems to me that there are NO perfect solutions in the Civ2 program. I would like for the AIs to be able to change governments when they receive a new government tech. Do they? Even when it would be to their advantage? No. Henrik, the SP AIs will not change to a better government like Imperialism or Republic or Autocracy, however, the AIs CHEAT like crazy when it comes to money anyway, so a game-length monarchy for the AIs will work. Not my first preference, wish I could change it, but there it is. Yet another unhappy compromise.

Final word; 2 files. ImpRead1 and ImpRead2. READ THEM!

Lost in America.
                            "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
                            "or a very good liar." --Stefu
                            "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

• I did, but I didn't reread them with every update

Comment

• Sorry for bumping in too. Wondering how many people follow this game ? Well as it was stated out earlier it's interesting. If you still want someone edit the file so you're able to change the government I can do it of course I think everybody had to agree on this first. Hope Exile don't mind in spoiling his great scen but anyway it's your game and in my opinion it’s the freedom of the players to do anything they want as long as everybody agrees with it. Perhaps I will edit it everybody took the government they had and afterwards I could change the flag back or I could also amend the government types immediately as this would save.

PS: I'm an information scientist not an irregular hacker or anything else so I know what I do 200%.
                                When you want to dance do it the trance way

Comment

Working...
                                X