No announcement yet.

Playtest; IMPERIALISM 1870

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side with russia if ye must ye damn frogs but Britain is in the right this time and will not back down, despite not knowing what im supposed to back down from .

Britain does admit it was wrong to blockade the english channel and the straits of gibraltor but as we have been very kind as to unblock these same waterways our involvement in that farce is now ended.

However britain is true to its word. It said it would withdraw from the disputed waterways and it has, but it also said that it would sink russian ships if the toll wasnt payed, and frankly i would have just accepted an IOU until the next turn, but as russia sneered in the face of this, obviously fair, offer britain took what action it said it would. Britain is true to her word, whatever that may be
    Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

• iou?

Comment

• yes IOU = I owe you, as in money, if youd have just promised to pay the money nothing would have happened.

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

• I did. The message was on board of one of those ships.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthelion
            I did. The message was on board of one of those ships.
            Take that, Britain

Someone needs to invent the red telephone right now

Comment

• Well, originally I wanted to wait until there was a final solution to this, but there ain't any. So I'll post the savegame in a few minutes and hope there won't be any more agression from the UK.

Russia re-initiates trade routines, starts to construct additional ships and freight units.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

• I have by far the most posts in this thread. Only paiktis would beat me on this one.

Comment

• Uh, Gary, how can you insist Russia pay up when (during the same turn ei month) say that you have no power to charge money for the passage through the English channel?

Of course since the turns have now made a full circle you guys will have to settle this another way. Oh, and sorry for being such a pain in the ass, but you are too powerful. Settle this thing outside of war, ok you two?

And use IMing or PMing, I hate everything clustering up a thread except for the heavy stuff. So Ecth, lay off on that please. If anything, a prize should go to the one who has the fewest, to the point, and detail packed posts, not the other way around.
                    Visit My Crappy Site!!!!
                    http://john.jfreaks.com
                    -The Artist Within-

Comment

• Britain stands by everything they say, so this war will continue until russia pays up. And it is my perogitive, as the most powerful nation on earth to keep it that way. So France better shut her cake hole because i think with me taking out quite a few russian vessels that i can deal with both France and Germanys Fleets.

Not that i want to but i will if i have to. This war has nothing to do with you, its not interfering in anything you want to do, well apart from curb my power

So the war will continue, Russia was foolish if they thought they could take on the most powerful nation in the world and win, and i will prove to them what a foolish move that was.

Comment

• Nippon Times Business Section

Business News
                        Business is good.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by winterfritz; July 1, 2002, 08:39.

Comment

• Good news.

Comment

• *BUMP* for the eternal allies of Japan and all-round great nation, the French

Comment

• African Chiefdoms Fall!

Last month two African chiefdoms accepted French dominance over them. In tribute they offered 100gold pieces for the French treasury.

Alexandria and Bangkok aproach doom

French troops approach the treacherous cities of Alexandria and Bangkok, two infamous cities which are now pouring France's wrath upon their own heads.

----

Sorry, about the wait, forgot it was my turn. BtW I'll be gone July 10-15, hope that doesn't interfere.
                              Visit My Crappy Site!!!!
                              -The Artist Within-

Comment

• oops, and the save.
                                Attached Files
                                Visit My Crappy Site!!!!
                                -The Artist Within-

Comment

Working...
                                X