This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrSpike
    You said you couldn't ping Ming's IP. If it's working now you should be able to; try it and see. If there was something up with civ (and that wouldn't be a surprise) you may have had problems there but that wouldn't explain not being able to ping him.
    Good point. The only thing I'm sure of is that it wasn't hardcoded in the modem. hahahahahaha
    The only times I tried to ping was after a game connect failed. (that shouldn't make a difference, but I'm running out of explanations.)

I'll try it later this week.

TO JR, Ping is similar to what you think it is from the old sub movies with sonar. You just try to send a ping (data packet) to his IP address to see if it's there. All sorts of details can be found, like what route it took and how long. I won't go into the pure technical since you I'm sure you don't care.

RAH
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Yeah rah... we should experiment a little bit soon... and while we are both sober. I was in a state of shock that it worked last time considering that it has never worked in the past.

OH... and by the way... #16,000
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Congrats.

You should have started a new one of these with it. We are on page 7.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• no gaming for me this weekend, i have a wedding to go to .....

Dr. Spike, i won't be around this weekend to play you either....so next weekend for sure.......i will be in touch via icq...still don't have the puter running with any sort of stability so i won't risk it...

as for the TF........ lets just say, it went like a charm
          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

• Bast*rd!!!

Rich
            Just color me green. Get that D*mn box stable
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Rich, what are you guyz doing online during the week....i thought your passes were only good for the weekend.....

as for the box.....i keep waiting for my buddy to give me the damm disk.....though now i wonder if i could just install a fresh version of win 98 and not the upgrade...either way i am screwed until he gives me the disk which is taking waaaaay to $##$ing long

Comment

• Originally posted by War4ever
                Rich, what are you guyz doing online during the week....i thought your passes were only good for the weekend.....

as for the box.....i keep waiting for my buddy to give me the damm disk.....though now i wonder if i could just install a fresh version of win 98 and not the upgrade...either way i am screwed until he gives me the disk which is taking waaaaay to $##$ing long
                I noticed that I hadn't take very many days off this year so I've taken a couple misc. days to play golf. On the prior nights I've taken advantage of it to play CIV

AND YES get that disk, even if you have to threaten someone.
                And I would be tempted to not ungrade also.

Rich
                The quality of the recent games I've played has been lower without your participation
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Rah = Rich?
                  ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                  ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• Loaded mate, loaded.

Comment

• Yes to both

Rich
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• ok i fixed the computer...at least the OS..win98 again....so now i will put all the other crap on it and i could be avail on fri night.....

i hope so...the ferrets seem to be running with the games

Comment

• hope to see you war
                          rah hope to be able to make it friday
                          hydey hope you are feeling ok

baron o
                          In America there is no native criminal class-save Congress
                          "Mark Twain"

Comment

• Originally posted by War4ever
                            ok i fixed the computer...at least the OS..win98 again....so now i will put all the other crap on it and i could be avail on fri night.....

i hope so...the ferrets seem to be running with the games
                            hahaha not when i play. but any games with newbies in it makes for a boring session.

I can play friday night but not sat.
                            Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
                            and kill them!

Comment

• Markus, Hold your tongue or I'll ask AH to send me those setting he uses when he hosts just so I can annoy you.

Hope you can make it War.

Rich
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• ah , well i got the puter running just fine.......after a few more trials and errors....now to find icq again...shouldn't be a problem making the new version work now...

however i know for sure that i cannot make it this weekend at all....got a date tomorrow i completely forgot about...and no....no TF allowed i will assume

have a good one guys..i will see you on the flip side

Comment

Working...
                                X