This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up IP Games XXXVI

Well, the old thread had 150 posts and there looked like there was a natural lull, so I guess it's time for the 36th addition of the longest running thread at Apolyton.

Well, tomorrow is FRIDAY. Barono is flying in from LA to visit Ming and I, (ok ok, he's more interested in catching the Dodger vs Cubs game at Wrigley, which I am happy to accomodate) So all of us will be at Wrigley tomorrow.

The Friday game starts at 2:20 central. Which means we will probably be running a little late for any Friday evening game. Shouldn't be late by more than a few minutes, but please don't leave me out.

Rich.

Ming, Ok to close version 35
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

no seeing rah and ming is as big attraction as dodgers vs cubs
    game is just a great benifit and excuse to visit my favorite twins see you at ferretown at 11:30 or there abouts
    In America there is no native criminal class-save Congress
    "Mark Twain"

Comment

i am up and running again..sorry about that ming... seems as if one of my cables wasnt' working inside....a quick fix by a friend has me working ...

though a new puter is probably neccessary..not sure how much longer the beast will hold together....seems like i am using twigs, string and paste

oh and enjoy the game lads.....should be alot of fun......
      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

i'd be interested if there are any openings

Comment

Wish I was available gentlemen. My new 17.4 inch flat screen is coming soon. My old monitor crapped out about 6 months ago and I've been playing with an old 15 inch monitor. My eyesight is getting bad in my old age. Does Civ look better in flat screen?

I had to save up and see what the IRS was gonna do to me. So now there are funds available to buy the new monitor and new video card.

Civ3 has not worked with my old video card. I emailed the help center twice, after lengthy explanations twice, they gave me the same fix twice, and failed to fix the problem twice. My old video card was only 8 meg, I hope this new 16 meg video card will do the trick. But since I've played Civ3 at my brother-in-law's, I don't believe I'll spend much time on it.

Long ramble but hope I'll have some time in a few weeks when the video board is up and the wife is out for the weekend earning money to fund my bad habits. Ain't life grand.

Seems like a few more players out there. That is excellent

Brian
          Beer - helping white guys dance since 1878.

Comment

where are you guys...i get the no connection when i try to connect and no icq response ?????
            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Hey War what happened to you? Did you not feed the gerbils that run ur computer? LOL

Hmmmm we waited then played on figuring you would join in :-( I played so stupid maybe it was best you didn't come back lol, so I conceded to the power of Rah and the barbs, although even as AI your horde gave me quite the war.

Comment

I should be available tonight. Who else is playing?
                My life, my rules

Comment

I got time to play as well.
                  Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
                  and kill them!

Comment

I can be available anytime after 7pm est. All I'll be doing at that time is watching the Wings and Pistons advance to the second round

Comment

If you are going to miss the early game... I'll be available later...

Just post if you are going to be late tonight so I can find you on ICQ...
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well... so much for a Saturday nite game... The "folk dancing" performance we went to lasted WAY TOO long, and then we just "had" to go out for a congratulations dinner... Maybe we shouldn't have ordered that 5th bottle of wine...

I hope you guys had a great game
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Yeah, I felt bad for wiz. He kept icqing me during the early game asking when you would be home. I assumed it wouldn't run that late. His frustrations started to show after a few hours.

RAH
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                            I assumed it wouldn't run that late.
                            Yeah... I remember you saying that it might work in my best interest, because it would be over earlier than our normal TV watching session...

Again, we got home around midnight or so... but the 5th bottle of wine made sure I wasn't going to be staying up much later
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

IT"S FRIDAY, and it couldn't come quick enough.

I'll be at Ming's around the normal time.

And I'll save everyone the easy post.

I"LL BRING PIZZA.

Rich
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X