Game III: Markusf surrenders early

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
    I may be overseas but that does not mean you can tell a pack of lies about game settings Markus.

It is a complete lie to say that I insist on game settings and will only play those settings.

I almost never play 2x. Guess what? Our first 2 games were 2x.

Then you asked for 1x1x deity. Fine, we play that, you lose and whine about barbs.

You don't like small maps so I make the map larger.

You whine about barbs, because you can't handle them, so in our our current game I set them to villages.

If you lose that game I'm sure you'll have another excuse
    You insisted on 2x for the first games, i got the icq history to prove it.
    Lets see if anyone else on here wants to play raging hordes on islands 6 squares high and 2-4 squares wide? Set to 5 billion years, with 3 grassland squares on the whole island.
    Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
    and kill them!

Comment

Gee... this is better than all the whining that we normally get in a "I'm the Best" thread

*makes another batch of popcorn and grabs another beer*
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by markusf
        PLUS you picked the greeks, which seem to get a big barb defence bonus, above the 5 city one
        *whilst munching on snacks*

The 5 city bonus is a new one on me, can someone elaborate?

Comment

For some reason, when your playing diety, and you have less then 5 cities in raging hordes your warrors are invincible against barbs.. Soon as you build your 6th city all your warrors die to barbs. And if you build your cap in a location that has no ocean squares barbs don't attack you etc etc... Playing with barbs is lame if you know the pattern.
          and kill them!

Comment

Originally posted by markusf
            For some reason, when your playing diety, and you have less then 5 cities in raging hordes your warrors are invincible against barbs.. Soon as you build your 6th city all your warrors die to barbs.
            Well you better learn a new pattern, because the above is incorrect. One city every time... Two cities... most times... Three cities... Toast. And I've seen it many times... and I only play at Diety...
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Well you better learn a new pattern, because the above is incorrect. One city every time... Two cities... most times... Three cities... Toast. And I've seen it many times... and I only play at Diety...
              played nearly a year with wonderdog and crustation on 1x 1x diety raging hordes. We never defended with anything other then warrors. I never lost any of my core cities.
              and kill them!

Comment

I play about 99% of my games at 2x1x, deity, raging hordes... and I have lost my capital after building my second city, many... many times. And this is before I have three or four cities. I guess I'm just "lucky" then...
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

i don't defend with only warriors anymore. i tried it before in the friday night games, barbs regularly captured or destroyed my second/third/fourth cities and a player of my caliber can't afford those kinds of setbacks.
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                    I play about 99% of my games at 2x1x, deity, raging hordes... and I have lost my capital after building my second city, many... many times. And this is before I have three or four cities. I guess I'm just "lucky" then...
                    maybe the rules change for 2x?
                    and kill them!

Comment

Maybe it is different for 2x, but i suspect not.
                      I too have lost my second/third/fourth city to barbs early.
                      I have never lost my cap when having two cities or less to barbs.
                      I lost my cap once with 3 cities.

RAH
                      All games at Deity, raging. Most on 2x
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hmmm... just played a sample MP game at deity, raging hordes, 1x1x... built two cities... one warrior each... and waited for barbs.

Barb archers came up and destroyed my second city. Didn't even take any color away from the archer
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

I lost my second city to barbs in a 1x1x/deity/raging 2 player game, and my fourth city in a 1x1x/deity/raging 3 player game. Were the Markus/wonderdog/crustacian games played as scenarios or some other altered starting conditions?

Comment

Hmmm... just played another game on the same settings... lost my capital to barbs with only two cities. Granted, I had to reset a few times for the barb horse to kill my warrior... but he did.
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Ming, did you test it as the greeks?

RAH
                              Sounds pretty definative to me.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm glad I got here early , its standing room only up the back.

Does anyone else have any theories they would like Ming and Rah to play test, they have nothing better to do.

Horse is so affraid of marcus that he left the country.
                                The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Working...
                                X