No announcement yet.

Game III: Markusf surrenders early

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a shame my question has stopped the fun, that wasn't the intention. Perhaps Markus should tell us his opinion of AH's civing skills.........

Comment

i have played as many games as anyone else around here.....deity raging...x2x1 and x1x1 small, med , large and i have lost enough cities from barb archers and chariots defending only with warriors......

however....your pretty safe with at least three cities..... but its not a guarrantee...

when the cow jumps over the moon...about once a year that is, i lose my second city...but thats the chance you take.....i love hearing people whine about losing their cities....

if you lose one...i would suggest phalanxes but that is for wimps

i have had warriors win agains legions on flat terrain...sometimes the math does weird things........live with it...besides markus..you get as much hut luck as anyone i know and ***** when you don't get it....

not too mention your good enough to beat anyone...poor start or not especially AH
      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveV
        I lost my second city to barbs in a 1x1x/deity/raging 2 player game, and my fourth city in a 1x1x/deity/raging 3 player game. Were the Markus/wonderdog/crustacian games played as scenarios or some other altered starting conditions?
        Nope, although i notice map settings make a huge difference in barb attacks.
        Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
        and kill them!

Comment

Originally posted by markusf
          Nope, although i notice map settings make a huge difference in barb attacks.
          I disagree with this as well... I've just run a bunch of tests using different map settings, and it doesn't make one bit of difference.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

I disagree with this as well... I've just run a bunch of tests using different map settings, and it doesn't make one bit of difference.

wet warm 3 billlion 1x 1x med land archo... raging hordes diety.

in one game build your capitol near water, in another make sure there are NO water squares in your caps radius.
            and kill them!

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
              It's a shame my question has stopped the fun, that wasn't the intention. Perhaps Markus should tell us his opinion of AH's civing skills.........

Are you implying AH actually has civ skills?
              and kill them!

Comment

Originally posted by markusf

You insisted on 2x for the first games, i got the icq history to prove it.
                "insisted"? That is crap. post the damn icq log. "Suggested" maybe - in the interests of a quick game.

We Aussies play raging hordes all the time because we like the cash

Its okay Markusf - we now know you can't handle barbs. Bit of a skill deficit there old chap
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Just my luck , i run out of popcorn just as the horse empire strikes back.
                  The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

dont' worry Hydey i am waiting for the sequel......"the return of the jedi" before i get my jumbo popcorn and beer!!
                    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Me. I'm waiting for THE BARBARIAN MENACE. And I prefer a jumbo beer and popcorn.

RAH

Markus, are you insinuating that barbs off of boats may attack differently then random land based barbs? Which also brings up barbs out of huts. Do they follow they same protection rules?
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You guys are complete idiots. Barbarians add nothing to the game other than to give random events and piss you off. It's like playing russian Roullette. Would it not make more sense to play without the barbarians? Would it not make the game more of a human vs human rather than a human vs the AI/settings? Do barbarians actually add anything to the game other than to slow down the expansion speed of both players? And in that case, does that not slow down the game?

Comment

Difference of opinion, doesn't necessarily make it Idiocy.

I wish there were more random events. I like huts. Adversity challanges peoples ability to adapt. The game would be boring without them. I don't like settler spitting/no defense games. Those are boring.
                          There are different strats for timing sometimes when opening a hut, or when you're limited to 1 movement units for king chasing. Or how to best defend with the least amount of resources.
                          That's what I find fun. Some of us don't have 1 mile long dicks that we must prove everytime we play. Sometimes it's just about fun. That's the beauty of this game, you have the choice. And that's why this game is still being played.

RAH
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I like random events - you might as well complain about the iniquities of the map not giving identical specials - or terrain that favours one player's starting point / strategy rather than another.

I play SP - and it is this random factor that makes for the extra bit of fun - otherwise crushing the AI becomes boring. Other posters here praise your MP skills Eyes - so I have no reason to doubt them, surely a bit of randomness that might occasionally allow an opponent to put up a real fight is something to be relished? I understand from your earlier posts that you no longer play Civ2 - too easy and boring -- might not that random factor bring back the magic?

Just a thought...

SG[1]
                            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Originally posted by rah

Markus, are you insinuating that barbs off of boats may attack differently then random land based barbs? Which also brings up barbs out of huts. Do they follow they same protection rules?
                              Yes.. Plus land based barbs you can tell exactly where they are going to spawn, and as soon as you put a city in that area they are gone.
                              and kill them!

Comment

Something else for MING to test during his free time.

I may actually test that one myself. I've always suspected that they may be a difference, but without keeping copious notes, it's all speculation.

RAH
                                Spwaning points, I'm aware of and have taken advantage of
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X