No announcement yet.

ZWK World War 2 game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm also sorry if I messed up something and hope that I still can play with you guys as I like this site very much and also enjoy all the games where I'm in.
    When you want to dance do it the trance way

Comment

• No, you've not messed anything up on the contrary it's great we still got the game going, and we could always start another. I got a little lucky with France in this game, and cutting off the railroads really helped screw Germany (not just you but the last German player was having big problems too, so it's certainly not a lack of skill on your part). Anyway I'm willing to continue.

Comment

• Sure, I want to take at least 1 city in this game

An invasion of Europe is a long way away but I should be able to kick Rommel back to where he came from

Comment

• Yeah IM, most of the trouble happened to your predecessor.
          Unbelievable!

Comment

• Well speaking of my predecessor I think I can tell as it is surely no state secret anymore (perhaps it was no secret after all) that I'm in lack of soldiers in France.
            As I downloaded the file for the first time I wondered why more than the half of my entire army ran around in Poland. What are they doing there? Holiday? Sightseeingtour? The few cities there really weren't worth all these units. Perhaps he tried to sneak attack Russia but with an active France in the back it is more than questionable if this had worked. So at first I had to send all my troops in the other direction. Well the planes got there very fast but can you imagine how long it takes to move a tank from the Poland/Russia border to Belgium? If not try it out I can assure you this is a lot of fun watching your units running around while France secure it's border
            This whole thing remembered me of WWI where the Germans and to a lesser extend the Austrians desperately tried to move their troops around between 3 fronts. So all in all this is the wrong war
            Ok now I feel a lot better as it is not only my fault
            This means I'm still Imperial (yeaaah)

Comment

• Actually I bet the units you had in Poland were what were in Poland at the beginning of the scenario, but they looked like half of your army because most of your forces in France were destroyed, if you get my drift.
              Unbelievable!

Comment

• Oh now I realized it was my turn the whole time I waited and waited and waited for the Russians to move. Well at least I got it.

Ok so you know it of course my poor axis soldiers still trying to do something useful and in a few turns I think they will be all back from their holidays in Poland. The point you mentioned Darius is very interesting and after further consideration I think you're right my army looked very small after all hmmm.

So anyway here's the file:
                Attached Files

Comment

• I just got MGE and when I was looking to get in a game I considered taking over on this PBEM, but after seeing the Axis position I decided to look elsewhere. IM, you are in a bind!

Comment

• sorry guys, i'm going away for 2-3 weeks. Please find another player.

Darius got my password.
                    If you want to discuss topics on History, with an emphasis on the military aspect.
                    Visit: http://www.historic-battles.com/

Comment

• Pretty much the arrangement is that I play in those where he can't get a sub, so if no one offers to play for him I'll do the Soviet turns. I strongly suggest someone takes it though, since the games I'm taking on now will keep me from punctuality.
                      Unbelievable!

Comment

• atawa?
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

• Damn, totaly forgot about it, I'll post the save tomorrow.

(have to get some sleep now as I only have 6 hours left and a 12 hour working day tomorrow )

Comment

• Ok here it is.

Dunkirk destroyed. (sorry Fell couldnt resist)

Sank 5 stacked subs in the atlantic west of Portugal

Allied forces capture the town of Tobruk
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Sorry atawa, that was probably one sub with four torpedoes
                              Unbelievable!

Comment

• Setbacks that fell upon Germany may be nearly made up for by Italian successes.

- Suicidal attacks by a Ju87 squadron and some militia destroyed the last two capital ships in the Mediterranean, caught off guard in port at Tobruk! The Italian Navy has been dispatched to the area to seize the initiative as they can now operate unchecked!

- Furthermore, the explosions in the two battleships set the entire city ablaze, and there is now nothing left of it. Any Allied advances in the near future would be very difficult without this stepping-stone.

- Lepanto captured with little resistance.

- Italian tanks continue their drive into southern France, where they see French cities completely ungarrisoned. After a defensive line east of Marseilles is destroyed next turn, we should be able to waltz on in.

- Production in most Minor Axis cities finally shifts from martial law garrisons to planes and tanks, which will soon turn the tide in France. Their efforts, combined with the complete Axis victory coming soon in the Mediterranean, will finally result in the French being pushed into the sea.

BTW Imperial-Markus, there is an Allied carrier at coordinates 141,91, just west of El Alamein. If you have any subs nearby feel free to sink it. It is critical to them at this point as Tobruk's destruction will make them need it to sustain air operations against Benghazi, if they ever get that far.
                                Attached Files
                                Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
                                X