Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proposed New Diplo Game (USA Sat nights)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed New Diplo Game (USA Sat nights)

This thread is to discuss game settings...

1x1x

Random seems to be the go

Max 3 cities captured per turn
    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

NO max 3 cities. And use small map so the game will go resonable fast. Forbid wonders...
    winzity ICQ 30339567
    Please note I don't longer use the mail address winzity@hotmail.com.
    Please ask me on ICQ or use Apolytons e-mail function if you want to send e-mail to me.

Comment

I'm in need of a new dip game.

Comment

I'll play in the time slot, and after putting the weight of the last 2 diplo games on my back, I think I'll take a back seat in this one, but I'll provide the skills for any mods that people want.

Comment

Small to medium map is good...

Maybe a "one wonder per Civ" game would be in order...
          Choose your wonder.

I like the 3 cities per turn rule... Gives the attacked Civ (and his alliances) a chance to react.
          Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

I'd be into it...............if there is a place for me let me know!!
            Legalize it now!!!!!....Free the Weed!!!

Comment

Can I play with you some more Deity.
              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

If anyone is interested in playing a scenario for a Diplo-game, I have one entitled "Age of Imperialism".

It's on a large map, 1x1, set in 1871. I have playtested it several times with other players, and have set a few ground rules already that would be incorporated into the game:

The only bribing (unless it's piracy) allowed would be your own cities that were lost to another civ. No unit bribing.

No attacking when you have a peace treaty. YOu must first cancel the peace treaty (a turn prior) and then attack.

Piracy is allowed on transports only. No bribing of warships. Piracy is not a declaration of war, but is obviously grounds for retaliation.

Once the League of Nations is built, the player owning can stop a war with a majority vote from all of the players. The warring players can choose to ignore this rule, but at the risk of international isolation. You are also the game's land commisioner, allowing players to expand to new colonization areas.

Once the U.N. is built, the owning player is the commisioner of war reparations and peace treaties. The owning player also can form impromptu peacekeeping alliances, which DO NOT follow the rules of war.

Only three cities per turn may be taken by any civ at war. Other cities may be attacked, but not taken.

These are just a few of the mods I have made. If you want to perhaps try this scenario out as a diplo-game, let me know.
                Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

I was talking to DeityDude and he and I would be avaliable almost any day for a game....so let us know......feel free to contact my via ICQ or AIM...........

Comment

Deity:

I'd actually be more interested in the weeknite one you were thinking about. Usually too many family obligations to commit to a weekly Saturday game.

Comment

I'd be interested in playing. But wouldn't mind bein a sub since not very experienced yet

Comment

The only days that are bad for me are Tuesday and Wedsday nites

Comment

The list so far:

Dangime (FJ)
                          Hydey [proposed HOST]
                          Flat Fox
                          Berzerker
                          Dank
                          Makeo (I think he soid it on icq)
                          deity

My goodness, we have seven!

Subs & Others:

fodder (but not free for two weeks)
                          Forty-Three

OK, we need to vote on map or scn etc.
                          Fox's modpak is brilliant but way big for MP I think. I'd like to try it out if he scales it back. Sometimes random maps suck but I am sick of the Earth map. What are the best 'conditions' to get a good normal Earth-like random map?
                          Say,
                          Normal: 50x80
                          Deity level
                          Villages Only??? Stuck with huts unless it's a scn, I think
                          Landmass Normal?
                          Arid/Normal??

HELP!

But we must start this USA Sat night 7pm EST?/Aussie Sunday at 11am EDT? Anyway, same as last game!!

If the majority want to go for the Fox Pak instead I'm keen! But I want the Japanese
                          "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

It was cool and wet if I remember right.

Also there needs to be some barbarian activity. This will make sure everyone garrisons their cities.

Deity
                            Normal Map, normal landmass, varied terrain, 4 billion, wet, cool.
                            1x1x Roaming Tribes?

anyone want to argue with that? Its pretty easy to setup. I guess we just have to restart untill there's a "clean start".

If we have the willing players and the preset time, show up. This game is easy to set up.

If you want some mods however let me know. It's kinda a hassel to distribute, but heck its becoming a habit.

Comment

i'm happy with random map, normal game. i'm the aztecs.

prepare to die
                              Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

Working...
                              X