No announcement yet.

Hellas PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I the Tyrant Xanthus, have gone to the Oracle at Delphia and Prayed to Ares and Poseidon for guidence in these matters, as the Priestess Democrates came out, she forsaw a Great Alliance of three city states, one she said showed a great snake shape which must of mean Athens, another was an back bird which meant Corinth.. as i held my breth the third was an upside down V with gold, which meant Chalican..."

"if Thebes wants to fight us let it be so, i have gret conact and understanding with the mighty leaders of Corinth and Athens, and the mighty god Ares who blesses our troops and Poseidon who blesses our war ships"

"know this is a Thebean ship is not recalled back to Thebes, it will be sunk and war will being... Thebes verus, the Corinthian League"
    "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

Comment

Surprise in Corinth...

Tyrant Cyrion was really surprised to notice that everybody was informed about the Secret League between Chalcis, Athens and Corinth, so secret actually that even Cyrion had never heard of it before!!!

But the athenian and chalcidean emissaries are welcome to Corinth : "Corinthian League" has a ring Tyrant Cyrion likes...

Nonetheless, there is no reason now why Corinth should be at war with our Theban neighbours with whom we have been living peacefully for decades!!
      Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
      Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
      POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
      LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

winterfritz and soundwave: I have an idea- first no foreign units on Euboea, Boeotia, and Attica. Then the straits and waters: they should be open to all city-states. But ships should not be parked there. Ships are allowed to go, but not to block it. So blocking ships should be removed. But the straits should be open otherwise Thebes is blocked in and that can't be allowed.
        Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

The Theban people have praised the Athenian Tyrant's voice of reason. He has suggested just what we wanted: free passage of all the Greek straits and seas, for all the Greeks.

Our Theban expedition has been removed from the Chalcidean island - although we had already stated our intention in doing this previously.

We are enraged at the Chalcidean threats to our great Polis, however. Does this talk of the 'Corinthian League' mean that the evil Tyrant of Chalcis, not content with oppressing his own people, is attempting to array the city-states of Greece against freedom loving Thebes? We hope and pray that Athens and Corinth know nothing of this treachery (and thank the Corinthian and Athenian leaders for their statements, which seem to support this.)

Know this, despot of Chalcis: the Theban people have the right to passage through the Euboean straits. Should you attack us, we will fight for this right. You may think that you have the blessing of Ares and Poseidon, but the Theban peoples established their city with Zeus' blessing, and have his support and help to count on, should any bloodthirsty neighbours threaten Theban independence.
          Attached Files

Comment

I hold the right to these waters, what Athens does in Attica is there business none of mine, what Chalicans do in the Chalican Straits is ours, if you do not turn back to Thebes you ship will be found and sunk you have been warned... -Tyrant Xanthus

Comment

But if Boeotian ships are not allowed through the straits, how their navy function at all? First I just realized something: the Chalican Straits should not be needed by the Boeotians because there port is north of that and they only need the northern strait to go out. I think I have a compromise: depending on where the Boeotian coastal-city is (probably north of Chalcis) then I have a map. the northern straits can be used by Thebes and Chalcis, the southern straits by Athens and Chalcis, by the central strait is off limits except by express permission, here's a map.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by The ANZAC; March 15, 2002, 09:24.
              Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Chalicans do not care for this opinion, we respect the Atheninan Opinion but the Straits you have names to be shared by Thebes and Chalicians is unacceptable, there are my straights by birth right... is Thebes wants out, they will go thourgh the Straits marked, shared by Athens and Chalicans and Nationalized.
                Last edited by Soundwave; March 15, 2002, 22:48.

Comment

But if Thebes isn't allowed to move through the straits by Chalcis, then how are they going to get out? They don't have a coastal city south of that, so it is impossible for them to reach the strait you say they are allowed to go through.

Comment

We need a replacement for El as he is backing out of all PBEMs. Any ideas? Who wants Sparta?

Comment

HMMMM LOOK AT THE PBEM THREAD!!!!

Comment

Chalicans do not care for this opinion, we respect the Atheninan Opinion but the Straits you have names to be shared by Thebes and Chalicians is unacceptable, there are my straights by birth right... is Thebes wants out, they will go thourgh the Straits marked, shared by Athens and Chalicans and Nationalized.
                        How can these straights be the birth-right of a Tyrant who has illegally seized the power in Chalcis from it's established and rightful heirs? Rather, these straights are the birth-right of all free Greeks, and the Chalcidean Tyrant's attempts to reserve them for himself are an affront to all the Hellenes.

The Thebans cannot use the part of the straits shared between Athens and Chalcis because they are too far away from our infant ports and harbours. Besides which, we have no interests in the areas that this strait opens onto.

The Thebans commend the well thought out Athenian compromise. However, the shared zone for Thebes and Chalcis would have to extend further south through the straits, as our new port city is slightly to the east of the area outlined. Nonetheless, the people of Boetia appreciate the addition of another voice of reason to this dispute, as opposed to the tyrannical rantings that continue to issue from Chalcis.

We Thebans repeat that they will continue to pass ships through the northern straits as we please. We will treat any destruction of Theban vessels as a declaration of war. The brave and heroic citizens of Boetia are ready for any Chalcidean treachery.

Comment

Originally posted by The ANZAC
                          We need a replacement for El as he is backing out of all PBEMs. Any ideas? Who wants Sparta?
                          I'll take Sparta
                          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                          - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Then if nobody else has any reservations, I guess Case gets Sparta!

Comment

The Theban people gladly welcome the new Spartan King

Other than a defensive pact between Chalcis, Athens and Thebes, there are no alliances that I know of (and that pact is nothing like the ones in AoW - its very loose, we don't co-operate, and basically just argue alot But being Greek city-states, its historically accurate, I suppose )

Heres the new player list. Case, it's your turn now.

Other Greeks - AI
                              Sparta - Case - nick_dowling@hotmail.com
                              Persia - AI
                              Athens - The ANZAC - theanzac@optonline.net
                              Chalcideans - Soundwave - seanie_babes@hotmail.com
                              Corinth - Cyrion - vfrache@hotmail.com
                              Thebes - winterfritz - winterfritz_21@yahoo.com

Has Soundwave left for his holiday yet?
                              Last edited by winterfritz; March 18, 2002, 01:43.

Comment

Here's my turn (nothing much happened)
                                Attached Files
                                'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                                - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Working...
                                X