Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention MICHIGAN Players!! Lets play a game in the mitten.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strat, read up, I believe I already explained the situation with the map. I've cut off a big chunk of Wisconsin and I've added more forest and cleared up the arctic. Pay attention! hehe.

And i'm not in Northern Michigan! West Michigan. I'm not sure about teams though.
    That's the problem with 2x2x'ers. They are to impatient to play a true game of civ - in fact they are too impatient to read the post.

If we can't agree on settings why not have one game on one night and the other on a different night and whoever wants to join whichever game can.

Or maybe a 2x1x compromise. As for teams - its not my cup of tea either.

Comment

Ozzy

After looking at the map, I believe you may want to leave wisconsin and illinois in. i say this because, if u don't, whoever holds mackinaw has the only land route to both land masses. if you leave wisconsin and illinois, there is a 2nd route thru northern indiana.
      Last edited by Deity Dude; January 24, 2002, 15:42.

Comment

oh no, i didn't remove them completely. Just shrunk Wisconsin a bit. I'm just about to take off now, but I'll post my modified map later on tonight or tommarrow.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Ok, here is my updated Michigan map. I shrunk (but didn't remove) Wisconsin. I added forest. I got rid of the tundra.

Download it.
          Attached Files

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

So, when do we start.

Comment

Set it up ...............I'll play
              Legalize it now!!!!!....Free the Weed!!!

Comment

Alright, how about next Wednesday night? February 20th.

Comment

sounds good - ill let you know monday for sure.

Comment

sorry im gonna be out of town wednesday thru sunday - so its either tues the 19th or the following week for me

Comment

sheesh ... didn't realize there were so many Michiganders at Poly. Live just outside of Ann Arbor. I just mentioned something on another thread about an interest in MP'ing. I typically play through Msn Messenger because it seems easy enough to set up, but can go other ways too. Best time for me would be Friday and Saturdays because no work the next day. Anyway, pm me or email at davrdev@hotmail.com if someone's interested.

Have a good one...
                      "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Ok, this kinda died out. I'm still interested in playing... even if its 2x2x... ugh.

When are people available? And lets figure out better who is where? It seems like everyone is near Detroit and I'm out by my lonesome in Holland. Do any of the Detroit folks have relitites or special attachments or previous homes elsewhere in Michigan that they could represent?

Unless you don't mind being squished in together. One in Flint, one in Detroit, and one in Ann Arbor could work, more than that I think would be too squished.

I could be interested in team play. If we do that I am deffinately getting my good pal Bud in on this game, we could represent Holland very nicely . He should be in on this game regardless, if any of you guys see him be sure to invite him over.

Comment

I mentioned it to "The Poet" for you.

Comment

*ahem*

any takers?

Comment

taker numero uno right here

Comment

I really think that maybe this should be put into a couple groups

1x1x deity - myself, dank (i think), ozzy (i think) and whoever else

2x2x king - strat - I'm not sure who the other 2x2x kingers are maybe hawkhunter or barbarian

or maybe a compromise setting of 2x1x emperor for everyone. Rules agreed to by everyone ahead of time - BUT NO QUITTERS.

I can guarantee that if I agree to the rules ahead of time (and no one does anything unethical) I will not quit.

Comment

Working...
                                X