No announcement yet.

Another Age of War PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad you could join us, Cyrion. You're right, for a PBEM set in Europe, we're strangely lacking in European players...

Heres the updated player list.
    Russians - theanzac@optonline.com
    Italians - nick_dowling@hotmail.com
    French - winterfritz_21@yahoo.com
    Germans - m_carreras@hotmail.com
    Turks - vfrache@hotmail.com
    British - seanie_babes@hotmail.com
    Spanish

Since the British go after the Turks and Soundwave has already played his turn, should we let the AI play the first turn of the Turks, and Cyrion can jump in during the next round? Or alternatively, would Soundwave mind playing his turn again after the Turks have played from El Awrence's saved game? Whatever suits you all the best.

Also, everyone make sure you download Anzac's updated rules.txt with the increased ship moves. And Cyrion, make sure you're using the MPevents file, not the single player events file. (I left a post on the previous page if you need info on how to change these files.) Thanks

Comment

Just let the AI do it, i have waited long enough!!
      "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

Comment

I say that we let the AI handle this Turkish turn (there's not much that it can do wrong at this early stage) and that ANZAC move Russia.
        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Play on

Ok, then if no one has any problems with it Anzac can play and post his turn.

Comment

First turn

OOC

Letting the AI play the first turkish turn is fine for me (as long as you haven't taken too many ottoman cities ), so keep on playing, I'm already in the starting blocks...
            Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
            Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
            POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
            LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

The German ambassador to Britain has demanded an apology on behalf of The Times for its lies and slander with respect to Germany in the Balkans.

"Garrisons have not been ordered to move towards Romania and this is all a dirty ploy of propaganda either privately undertaken by The Times to discredit Berlin and impair relations or ordered by the Government, which would turn out to be the more disgusting scenario altogether."

Comment

Letter to the european Rulers

His Magnificence Abd ul_Hamid II, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire, to His Friends the european Rulers.

I have given full power to my Grand Vizier Cyrion to reorganize the Ottoman economy ! As our country has fallen a long way behind the other european Powers, we welcome foreign investors and scientists to help us on the difficult task that awaits us!

More specifically, we would like to join the european commerce, and for this we would need the advance known as International Trade so that we could build trade lines with our neighbours and so strengthen our friendship!

Of course, our scientific interest isn't confined to International Trade!

With good diplomatic relations and economically strong countries, the new Century will mark the beginning of an ere of prosperity and peace for all Europe.
                Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

The Times

British Foregin Office Apolgizes
                  British Foregin Office today apolgized oh byhalf of The Times, for its account of a Serb ex-Soldier, although everyone thought he was genuine, but he was not and has been locked up for fruad.

In Other News
                  The British Government has sent scientist, miltary advisors and has started building the Egypt-Palestine Highway for better links with the the Ottoman Empire. Also reported was several battleships being built for the Ottomans in Bristol Docks, the British Government has niether denied or approved these rumors.

Soundwave I Heads For Germany
                  The King has headed to Germany to hold down the feeling of on coming war between these two mighty countries, and anyone esle for that matter.
                  "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

Comment

I would like to play as Spain
                    WMCS44@aol.com

Comment

Moscow Courier

New Economic Initiative in Russia: Russia has begun its long journey to modernization and industrialization. Many new factories have been started as well as building up of cities.

Minsk-Moscow Railway: Work has begun on the Minsk-Moscow railway. With its completion estimated in one and a half years, it will bring great commerce and development to the area. It has been noted that a Petrograd-Moscow railway might be started within a few months.
                      Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

ANZAC, I think that you forgot to attach the file
                        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'

Comment

Ok, that should be fine Sun Tzu. The AI has moved your first turn.

Heres the final player list:
                          Russians - theanzac@optonline.com
                          Italians - nick_dowling@hotmail.com
                          French - winterfritz_21@yahoo.com
                          Germans - m_carreras@hotmail.com
                          Turks - vfrache@hotmail.com
                          British - seanie_babes@hotmail.com
                          Spanish - WMCS44@aol.com

Headline in Le Monde: New King on Spanish Throne
                          After the unexpected death of Alfonso XIII yesterday, the coronation of Sun Tzu I took place in Madrid earlier today.

Winterfritz, the French premier, extends congratulations to his neighbouring monarch.

Comment

Berlin and Madrid have recently formed an alliance and we hope that the new King will pursue the improvemeng of Madrid-Berlin relations.

Comment

King SunTzu I has taken the throne of Spain.

King SunTzu I is undertaking major economic changes.
                              The nation of Spain wishes to remain neutral but is open to non-military alliances.

Comment

La Repubblica

Rome Welcomes New Spanish Monarch

The Italian government sends its hearty congratulations to the newly crowned King of Spain.
                                Each ship of the Italian Fleet, which is still at sea on exercises, will fire a 21 gun salute in honor of King SunTzu.
                                The foreign ministry has assured the German ambasador that none of the guns fired in this salute will be aimed at German territory.

Comment

Working...
                                X