Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Interest In Setting Up MP Tribes, Outside Game League ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Interest In Setting Up MP Tribes, Outside Game League ?

At one time, there was Arena play associated with MP.

More recently Game League has been accommodating Tribe play.
    I have written of such in the past.

Tribes are groups of players who play against each other, one Tribe against the other Tribe, in a continuing game, until the winner is decided.
    Usually these games are 3 players against 3, and any additional verified Tribe member may rotate in at any continued session.
    This keeps all Tribe members involved.

I would like to initiate an MGE Tribe concept outside the scope of Game League.

Any ranking system of formality is not really a requirement.
    With the amount of communication in these forums, an unofficial reputation, if not standing, will occur.

The sessions don't have to be hours upon hours, nor do they need be nightly.
    Tribes does make that possible though, with the rotating in of other members.
    So time, the enemy of some who would play MP, is not a factor.

All MP people here have other people they play CIv with on a frequent basis.
    That is the beginning of a Tribe.
    Aussie Tribes, Brit Tribes, Mixed Tribes.
    It doesn't matter other than working at a time.
    That can be addressed.

The Powers That Be are aware of my desire to see this happen,
    and have offered support of the concept.

Is there any interest?
    Yes, this sounds pretty good to me.
    88.24%
    No, despite the explanantion, I'm not into MP.
    0.00%
    Maybe so. Can you answer some other questions?
    11.76%
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Sounds great, can the rest of the world adjust there schedules to fit into Aussie times please
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Just as important, can some of these "best" players form Tribes?
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

The Aussie tribe would end up fighting it self and break down due to the infighting
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

If Apolyton were to form a list of tribes then the Archons would join it.

Comment

It doesn't have to be ONE Aussie Tribe, and the Aussies wouldn't be limited to only playing Aussies Tribes.
            All play all.
            Sure Eyes, bring the Archons into the mix.

Comment

Usually these games are 3 players against 3, and any additional verified Tribe member may rotate in at any continued session.
              This keeps all Tribe members involved.
              OK, so what you're talking about is having 6 people on what, a large map? Where are they placed? All on one side, mixed, how does it work? Woke tried explaining this tribe system to me once, but I'm still not real clear........

If its a straight up civ game with two allies vs 3 enemies, that sounds kinda interesting to me........of course it would be really tough playing people who have their teamwork and all already down
              I see the world through bloodshot eyes
              Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Sounds good! I like the idea of tribe play outside the realm of the league. Time IS an issue for some of us, but I'm sure there are plenty of players who will accommodate to the less fortunate.
                "Three word posts suck!" - me

"...and I never will play the Wild Rover no more..." - Various

Comment

Though some would prefer a custom map, maybe from a library of maps, I prefer random.
                  Nothing should guarantee you're by your Tribe mates. Just deal with the situation, which is what Civ is all about, to me.
                  The 2 Tribes would decide the settings beforehand.

Again, I'm talking 3 from one Tribe, playing 3 from another Tribe.
                  (or 2 on 2, I just think 3 on 3 better).

Time spent and continuing the game.
                  That's the beauty of Tribes. Play at a set time once or twice a week, or every night while you rotate different members of the Tribes into the game.
                  It's all so flexible, it's hard to imagine a person saying no, if they like MP.

Tuatha De Danann (click on link in my sig line for Tribe page) consists of : me, Boann, Berzerker, Khanman, General Maximus, Prometheus, and Tact. Godsfriend also, but he's been away quite a spell.

To quote the commercial, "Just Do It".

Comment

So sloww.....what kind of games are these typically? Are they fast and furious, long and drawn out or just right?

Also, how is a winner determined? I dont think total annihilation with 6 people happens very often, so I assume the game is over when the losing tribe concedes the loss?

So if you're placed on random maps, is it ok to communicate with your team members to coordinate attacks and such even before youve met? Or is that frowned upon? If you divulge your locations right away, doesnt that take away some of the mystery of the random map?

And finally, how many times a week do you play tribe games and how many tribes are there?
                    I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                    Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Just like Civ, Tribe games are all different.
                      Yes, you can send coordinates to your Tribe members, but you have to find them to do any exchanging.

A game is over when one Tribe concedes generally.

Right now at Game League, there are around a dozen Tribes.
                      Mostly they are standing around because the Moderators decided to become like Toby Tyler and join the circus.
                      This has caused many of the existing Tribes to become stagnant.

We can do it ourselves, here.

Comment

So many Aussies play civ , we could form our own league.
                        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Sure, if you want to limit yourself that way.
                          At some point, the pride issue will take over.
                          You won't want to just say "We think we're the best..in Aussie Land".

I'm betting all Tribes will want to play all others, to show how well they work as a team, against ALL others.

Start an Aussie Tribe.
                          In League, there was a 10 member limit. I think that's good.

More players in pool to form other Tribes, but you have goodly number to rotate members in the game, keeping all involved.

And Hydey?

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
                            So many Aussies play civ , we could form our own league.
                            yes we call it the minor leagues
                            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

You're one of the ones I was waiting on, War.
                              In this setting, as opposed to Civ League, I think you'd be interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X