Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diplogames? How about a "war-game" From the best war in history.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplogames? How about a "war-game" From the best war in history.

World War II. Clear sides and enemies, great weapons, the whole world involved, the biggest baddest best war in history. And the best way to play that war is in the 2194 Days scenario. Very well crafted.

I propose a multiplayer game to the death. Japanese & Germans vs. British, Russians and Americans. The scenario designers are wonderful, and this is arguably the best scenario for civ 2 ever.

I want to be the Germans, and Moker wants to be the Japanese, so who wants to be the allied powers?

Looking for three good players.

It'll be 1x1x, and all other rules of the scenario will be observed. Total war. No going to peace with everyone and sitting till you build up your forces, you better be ready to go right away or someone else will and you'll be in trouble. Total war the way it should be.

This sounds like an incredibly facinating game, and i'd love to play it with capable humans. Too much war, so certainly not simultaneous, it may take a long time to play, but i think it'll be worth it. What do you all think?

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Emperor Moker Hito will lead the glorious japanese nation to victory

Moker
    Im here to play civ. Screw all of this political BS. Give me a game of civ with good players, that are more than just robots, and im having fun. I bet everyone else is too. Who cares who wins or loses? Its better to make friends than make enemies. Who knows you might run into a very important person on here.

Oh yeah EyesOfNight is the most pathetic person i have ever ment in my life.

Comment

Hey, can I play? Can I be the Russians. And is it like all out war
      everybody against everybody or is it the Allies versus the Axis throughout
      the whole game?

Comment

Axis vs. Allies.

If you are familiar with the scenario you know that all the parties start out at war with each other, and are unable to negotiate and change it. Since tech and other things are particular and it could cause problems if we allow people to talk, i suggest that we keep this element in the game and not talk with anyone officially.

So yes, everyone will be locked in, war of allies vs. axis. Japanese & Germans vs. Russians, Americans, and British.

I recommend everyone interested get the 2194 Days Scenario http://sleague.apolyton.net/Reviews/JP_2184.shtml
        and play it some to get a feel for the game, start planning things out. This should be a damn good game.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I suggest we play to the end too. Don't stop till the Axis are wiped out or until the Allies are wiped out.

Comment

Good to have you on board Easthaven.

So we've got:

Axis
            -------
            Germans - Ozzy
            Japanese - Moker

Allies
            -------
            Russians - Easthaven
            Britain - ?
            Americans - ?

Comment

Im in for Britain, depending on the day and time we decide to play on. And yes I agree, we play until the war ends with some sort of unconditional surrender by an entire side.

Comment

I'd be happy to play Britain

Comment

Zylka, I just volunteered for Britain. Are you asking them to knock me from the game and take you instead? Thats not overly polite.

Comment

Well before we start fighting over spots we should start proposing time slots. Some people may drop who can't make such and such a time.

Thursday nights at 10 pm perhaps? Would that work for people?

Comment

Impossible, im in HOTW, which is on Thursday night. Any other night, except possibly Wenesday.

Comment

Well after a brief play test with Moker and I, I think that playing through IP would be near impossible. It took us well over an hour to get through one turn. And that was just with 2 people playing. If we had all 5 i doubt we'd be able to get through a single turn in an entire session.

So i think that unless we are all gluttons for misery, i suggest we conduct this game through email. In fact if we all do it that way it may in fact be quicker than a weekly session. I suggest that we just go in order and each player has to play his turn on a specific day depending on turn order. So the Japanese who move first would have to move by Monday night and send the game out in time for the next player, Germany to play its turn by Tuesday night. That way every week we can get through a turn at least. Though if Moker were to finish his turn at noon on Monday and send it to me and i finish by 6 pm on Monday, we could speed it up quite a bit, and we don't have to wait around for everyone to finish their turns.

It does change things quite a bit though, rush buying and responding to the enemies' actions wouldn't be possible since we all move on our own, so its something to take into consideration, but there is just waay too much to do this game live.

Comment

It's been done, and there were apparently some play balance problems. See this thread, among others.

Comment

No GNG, I simply stated my willingness to play Britain, as I would have if I got to this thread 5 minutes earlier and you hadn't posted. If your schedule is unrealistic for playing this diplo game, it might just come in handy. I don't abide by the childish rules of "I called it first", sorry.

Comment

Childish rules of who called it first? Then how do you decide who gets which spot?

Comment

Working...
                              X