No announcement yet.

Entering the same hut twice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can too, if you put it in automatic mode.
    half the time if will work the other half it will wander off to do something stupid.

RAH
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I tried it only once. The settler disappeared and came back with pizza.

------------------
      finbar
      Mono Rules!
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

The settler still has to occupy the square regardless if its adjacent to water or not.Theoretically,the hut should have been "opened" and disappeared.
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

You probably don't notice them, and you probably don't have that bad of lag. When I played Chuckles last night I must have gotten about 7 huts that stayed.

Comment

So how does this work if it is a lag time bug? I have never seen it before either, and went to the Zone a few times to try and make it happen to no avail.
            The journey itself is the thing~Odysseus

Comment

7?wow thats alot.Just 1 of these could make or break a game for a player that wins at all costs.

I been thinkin and there is very good chance I didn't notice.Its not something I would have been looking for.I have traded maps and seen huts in players radius but didn't think much of it.
              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I have had it happen many times. With my bad lag. It does not even have to be in a city radius for me it happens all over the board, i never knew that you could re-enter the hut till I played someone and had them beat and asked if i could do it to see if it worked and it did.
                And as always, your a jackass eyes and that is ture,its true.

Comment

Makeo does this re-entering hut thing a lot - its the secret to his success.

*runs*

Comment

I've had the hut bug happen to me *several* times, but I've never taken advantage of it. It's a real problem, folks. Actually, in many-player games as well it seems to raise its head.

------------------
                    Curumbor Elendil
                    http://pantheon.yale.edu/~jps35/
                    ICQ 56126989
                    Curumbor Elendil
                    http://pantheon.yale.edu/~jps35/
                    ICQ 56126989

Comment

You saw it Curumber?.Thats it then,it must indeed be true.Now I know why I have seen huts in radius in 1000AD

Lag.The curse of the internet.I don't think game designers can do anything about it either so lag would be a possible problem for Civ3 or any game for that matter.

So....Who wants to fork over so we all can get high speed connections and fast processors?

Comment

Smash: Thanx for bringing this up.

Yes...i've seen some huts doesn't dissapear until you move your unit out,but i didn't payed attention.
                        I am usually trying to concentrate how to improve my strategy,instead of trying to figure out why huts doesn't disappear,when my cities could share same special,how to get a non-unit and similar trash.

Apolyton is,IMHO,best thing what happened to Civ2 MP.
                        With strong basis of honest opponents,i could relax and enjoy the game w/o worries how to overcheat someone before he did the same to me.
                        I wonder does those people even enjoying their games?
                        Take a non-unit trick for example. It's worse than work. You got payed for working,at least.
                        My life, my rules

Comment

Working...
                        X