No announcement yet.

Ming, Berz, Bird, Xin Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berz, we are on line now. Will you be available this week?

Comment

Yeah... but the old GL served it's purpose. I got a lot of sciences at rock bottom prices

Taking the Chinese mountain city that had been placed almost in the heart of empire was fun. I had 14 Vet Crusaders ready to rummble. I marched the spy out to check the city out, and low and behold, two phalanx, one warrior, and a diplo, with no city walls.
      The easy part was killing all the units. I only lost a few crusaders. But, the hard part was trying to move a unit into the empty city to claim it. I moved 7 mobile units on to the grassland square, and then attempted to move them into the Mountain. All seven failed. Then, I had a brain cramp. I was so pissed, I hit end turn without moving a defensive unit onto the stack. But then, the Chinese also had a brain cramp. All he would have had to do was rush build a catapult, and he could have destroyed them all in one shot... and I would have had nothing left to attack the city again. Instead, he built a defensive unit.... HA HA HA HA... Two very stupid actions on both of our part. I was lucky he was as stupid as I was
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hey Ming, I already told this story in the stupid things thread. "Brain cramp" is being generous to me.
        "I think the advantages by the proposal which I have made are obvious and many, as well as of the highest importance."
        Jonathan Swift

Comment

At last we saw some actions last night. I took Ming's mountain city after losing about 15 iconclads (I don't have the lighthouse so they were non vets). Ming took a mountain city of Bird's using crusaders (?).

Finally the mighty Egyptian discovered electricity and ended the shopping spree of the German Great Library.

Comment

I hadn't seen your post in that thread when I posted this one here. I was trying to be nice and put it in a thread that only a few of us would ever see. And I was guilty of a "brain cramp" too...

But Xin is just killing us all anyway. With his bad start, he has made a great comeback.

Just a warning to all those with cities next to the ocean... build costal fortresses quickly
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

In the other Wednesday night game thread, War4ever posted that he can't make it tonight. Matt still has tests, or has lost interest in the other game.
              Our intent was to maybe start another game with the regular bunch and include War4ever now that he is back and looking for a regular game.

But, since he can't make it this week, I talked to Rah this morning, and he said we should continue this one, but to keep him in mind if this one doesn't work.

So, I can be home at the normal early time.
              How do other people feel, and when you can make it.

Keep on Civin'

Comment

I am available, but won't be home until around 8:15 est, maybe as late as 8:30.
                "I think the advantages by the proposal which I have made are obvious and many, as well as of the highest importance."
                Jonathan Swift

Comment

OK, let's continue this game. I'll be home earlier than Bird.

Comment

Sorry, even later than 8:30. Leaving work now and will be home around 8:45 or so.
                    Jonathan Swift

Comment

All is quiet in last night's session. Berz got all his units upgraded to riflemen. I'm slowly building up my arm force but there's a long way to go.

How about the other two players? Do you still have warriors?

Comment

No Xin... While I think I might have a warrior or two camped in some fortress, my cities are now defended by some Vet Rifleman.
                        And by the time you build your army, they will have vet Alpine

That was fun last night, but indeed quiet. I kept expecting to see some more of those ironclads attacking my rare costal cities.
                        And the Chinese never came back after the city I took from them... maybe because I now have it better defended than he did

But after building Hoover, I should be watching my other border a little more closely too... A good thing I've already done just that
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Ok, who's around tonight?
                          Jonathan Swift

Comment

As usual, a meeting from 3:30 to 4:30 pm PST. Enough time to get ready by 5pm, which is 8pm EST.

Comment

I'll be around.
                              It looks like matt has given up on the other game, so we can continue this one.
                              Rah would still love to play in a game, so if other people (besides this group) are interested in starting another Wednesday night game, war4ever and rah would really be interested.

Keep on Civin'

Comment

Why can't War4 step in for Matt in the other game? If he's not up for that, we should start something new b/c rah's been a good sport, but he'll be out of luck for at least another month.
                                Jonathan Swift

Comment

Working...
                                X