Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palaiologos
    replied
    BTW is it okay to continue playing with your upgrade?

Leave a comment:

• Palaiologos
    replied
    Originally posted by FiGu
    Turn coming soon..

Well?

Leave a comment:

• Palaiologos
    replied
    Originally posted by jim panse

Monoplanes can not attack fighters in flight, that is true and it was intended to be so.

For the early planes of WW1 were light scout planes and the first dogfights used to be fought with a pistol or a light carbine by the co-pilot. Fot those reasons you shall NOT change the rules as these facts were intended.

Oops!

Sorry old boy........

Leave a comment:

• Nilat
    replied
    And we will play this playtest with the old version then, no panic!

Leave a comment:

• jim panse
    replied
    Dudes, I did some update to the scenario, you can find the new game files here: http://www.cdgroup.org/forums/tbs/ci...p?p=2646#2646.

Thank you all for your comments so far .....

Leave a comment:

• FiGu
    replied
    Turn coming soon..

Leave a comment:

• jim panse
    replied
    Originally posted by Palaiologos
    I just realised that monoplanes can't attack aircraft in flight!

I think you'll all agree that this is most inapropiate.
    Most propably Jim forgot to put the "fighter" flag on them.
    Monoplanes can not attack fighters in flight, that is true and it was intended to be so.

For the early planes of WW1 were light scout planes and the first dogfights used to be fought with a pistol or a light carbine by the co-pilot. Fot those reasons you shall NOT change the rules as these facts were intended.

Leave a comment:

• jim panse
    replied
    Well, I will reconsider all thses things for the major update on the game, scheduled around X-mas. For that I would know as much as possible about bugs, gameplay problems, units which should be included/excluded, etc.

@ all: Keep those comments coming but please game on, Gentlemen that we could discover even more of those facts.

@ all Playtesters: I propose that it is allowed to give units via the Diplomacy Screens to other nations but Tech trading is forbidden. I would also propose a Gentlemen´s Agreement that if someone has received a unique tech from another civ you should not use the possibility of building the unit.

If we all agree on this I would say we play on (and you could be looking forward to the update .....)

Leave a comment:

• Historical Atze
    replied
    Originally posted by Galvatron
    The Italians on the other hand didn't even bother to test planes, they used English and French one under licenses.
    Well, actually I don't know about the Russians, but the Italians had bombers. If they produced them themselves is something else I do not know. But if you know it ...

Leave a comment:

• Nilat
    replied
    I think it would be realistic if England could give the italians, americans and the russians their bombers and the tech, cause is it impossible in reality not to give a nation blueprints of a plane?

Leave a comment:

• academia
    replied
    mmm... perhaps you could include a specific unit for the americans...

Leave a comment:

• Galvatron
    replied
    Originally posted by Palaiologos
    The Russians had bombers in WW1?.Never heard that before.
    Any more info?
    The Russians and Bombers? Come on. They were happy enough when their double-decker so-called fighters were able to stay in the air longer than a few seconds. Yes they experimented like the other nations but weren’t even able to produce a good fighter and from bombers they could only dream.

The Italians on the other hand didn't even bother to test planes, they used English and French one under licenses.

Leave a comment:

• Palaiologos
    replied
    The Russians had bombers in WW1?.Never heard that before.

Any more info?

Leave a comment:

• Historical Atze
    replied
    Well ... it would make the scen more fair I'd say. Actually the Italians and Russians had bombers, too, in WW1.

Leave a comment:

• jim panse
    replied
    Hmmmmm, do you all think a generic bomber would be useful?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X