Survey Says...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survey Says...

How many times have you played (started) a Civilization game and which civ(s) have you never played as.

I have Played Civ II about 67 times
    and never played as the Carthaginians, Celts, Indians, Sioux, Mongols, Persians or Chinese

(EDITED)
    [This message has been edited by DarkCloud (edited August 17, 2000).]
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

I have started thousands (maybe more than 10,000) games. I've probably played as everybody by now.

You're not going to kiss me on the lips now, are you?

Explanation: Richard Dawson hosted a TV show called "Family Feud" back in the 70s. Participants tried to guess what the most common answers were to questions asked of the studio audience. For example:
    Richard Dawson: "What do you drink with pizza?"
    Contestant: "Mineral Water"
    Teammates: "Good answer! Good answer!"
    Richard Dawson: "The survey says", (tote board lights up), "3%"
    (Richard Dawson kisses female contestant on the mouth)
    [This message has been edited by DaveV (edited August 15, 2000).]

Comment

I met Richard Dawson when I was about 8 years old. He had a spiral staircase down to his dressing room, and little cubby holes everywhere with all the stuffed animals and crap that people had given him. He seemed like kind of a jerk.
      They wouldn't let kids sit anywhere where people could see them in the audience.
      Life and death is a grave matter;
      all things pass quickly away.
      Each of you must be completely alert;
      never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

He was very cool in Hogan's Heroes!

and not nearly as big as Louie Anderson.

I have played something like 500 games but I don't think I have ever played as the Japanese or the Indians.

I have played most games as the Romans - ding ding ding! That's number one on the survey with 43%!!

or the Vikings - ehnnnnnn. Oh, sorry, that's not on the survey.
        Be the bid!

Comment

Maybe someone should put a poll on the site asking Civ 2ers what their favorite and least favorite tribe is?

My Favorite is German/Greek/Spanish (In that order) and my least favorite is Celts/Carthaginians/Persians (Partly because they aren't/wern't in Civ 1.)

Edit: And look I'm a Warlord now!!!

------------------
          "I'm too out of shape for a long fight so I'll have to kill you fast"
          Administrator of the CornEmpire Forum
          My Civ 2 Scenario Page.
          [This message has been edited by CornMaster (edited August 15, 2000).]
          I AM CANADIAN!
          Gamecatcher: Multiplayer Civ 2 Democracy Game
          CornEmpire Owner/Operator
          Grand Minister: Dominion of the Balance & CornEmpire Software

Comment

hmm... I have no idea how many civ games I have played since 93.... I do play about three times a week though so three times a week for 7 years... that is.. around 1,050 games
            Apolyton Empress
            "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

Good idea about that survey. Should I start a new thread or does somone want to beat me to it?

------------------
              What if the Hokey-Pokey is really what its all about?

Contact me at cpoland@mail.win.org

Comment

Cornmaster and Jcarkey,

Take a look in the old threads and I think you will find that has been done. If it isn't archived just bump it.

Ken

Comment

I've probably started about 3 to 4 hundred games. The key word here is "started". I don't revert during a game but I'm not above restarting the entire thing soon after beginning if it's obvious I'm toast.

I've pretty much played as everybody. Oh, wait. I've never been the East Indians. And maybe not the Vikings.

Favorites are Americans (go figure), Aztecs, English, Sioux, and French.

Least favorite... I hate the Japanese, Celts, and Mongols. They kill me.

------------------
                  Frodo lives!

Better dead than "Red"... or green... or blue... or yellow... or orange... or purple... or white.
                  Frodo lives!

Comment

I've played hundreds of games, mostly as Romans or Vikings (you're not alone, Sten).

Comment

somebody should list all the civs.
                      ok I'll do it

Romans, Russians, Celts
                      Babylonians, Zulus, Japanese
                      Germans, French, Vikings
                      Egyptians, Aztecs, Spanish
                      Americans, Chinese, Persians
                      Greeks, English, Carthagians
                      Indians, Mongols, Sioux
                      Barbarians

hmm well I've never played Celts, Babylonians, Zulus, Spanish, Persians, Carthagians and that's it. Although I only played a few in FW and COS scenarios. Such as the English- I never played a complete full game with them.

How many times over 100 but less than 1000. probably less than 500 or 600- who knows.

favourites: chinese, americans, aztecs (sometimes I custom thems to the apache), and germans.

least fav: pretty much everything else but namely sioux, carthagians, celts, babylonians, persians, etc
                      [This message has been edited by Black Bart (edited August 16, 2000).]

Comment

I never play as a standard tribe, but always create my own: Amazones, Valkyries, Amberites, Elves etc.

- Rib -
                        A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
                        Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

I must have played 100's of games!!! an one time i playeed like a man possesed, a new game every 2 days?!?! but now it's far more as and when...

There are quite a few civs i've never played as, Americans, greeks, romans, russians, germans, french, chinese, persians, souix, indians!! It would have been easier to say that i generally play as the Celts, English, Vikings, or make somebody up like the Jamaicans, Moors etc!!!

"There are not more than 5 musical notes..." - Sun Tzu
                          ...and we build an Academy for this guy... :confused:

Comment

I've played lots and lots of games. In single player i usually played as the Romans, Babylonians, or Vikings. Sometimes the Egyptians and Aztecs.

Never played as any of the orange civs, rarely any of the purple or light blue civs.

In MP I am the Aztecs.
                            Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

I'm not entirely sure which I haven't played, since Civ I and Civ II have kind of blurred in my mind. I had a tendancy to rename tribes a lot in Civ I. One of my first games I played in Civ I, I played the white and called them the Carthagenians It still messes with me seeing them as orange I also took the Indians and renamed them the Persians... Curse Civ II and their civ color choices For whatever reason though, I've never really been confused by the spanish not being (german/french) blue, or the japanese not being (american/chinese) light blue... In short, I've played all the civs, just not sure if I've played them in Civ II or not

------------------
                              April Cantor: Sire, in order to expand further we must first gain favor of the King

SCG: darn, I've never really got the hang of that tribute thing, guess it will be a long time until i make prince

*goes off and starts gifting gold and techs*
                              Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Working...
                              X