No announcement yet.

Whimsical Apolyton Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, do you have any other Civ II cd? (Version doesn't matter, as long as MGE's installed. I used my ToT CD for this.)
    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

I just rated this thread with 4 stars as this game is worth it, as an almost underground game.
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I've got it.

Must… keep… eyes… open…
        Must… play… one… more…
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Thanks for playing Straybow. I don't have the no CD crack but it can be found at Civ Fanatics (possibly here too).

As I stated in the Sticky Mouse thread, my home PC (I'm at work) is screwed up and keeps re-booting itself for reasons I've yet to figure out. If I try to play Civ I get in about 3 turns before it either re-boots or simply closes the program. I've tried new drivers, diagnostic checks and a bunch of other crap but nothing has fixed the problem thus far. I would loathe having to take my CPU in for service but might have no choice. I'll see if I can jump back in after Rasbelin plays (after Straybow) but I'm not holding my breath.
          Hello, my name is Shawn and I am Civ impaired.

Comment

No problem, El Civ. Actually I'll play my turn later today, as it has been delayed previously.
            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I assume "a bunch of other crap" includes virus scan?

I had a similar problem with my computer acting strangely. Turned out the CPU card (Slot A) was improperly seated. But then it started locking up. I found that the heat sink was loose. Actually, the CPU card was out of spec and the heat sink couldn't line up properly. It was after the normal return policy, so getting it replaced would've been a real pain. I filed flat the heat sink pegs that are supposed to go into holes on the CPU card heat transfer plate since they were instead preventing full contact. I modified the clips to hold the heat sink in place.

Going thru the saves I still say it should be entirely unnecessary to save as a scenario. As long as the Civ Score Window doesn't say CHEAT MODE everything is OK. If you play a scenario you don't have to save every time as a scenario, correct? Once loaded, a scenario is an ordinary game.

Ask the mod makers here. Special txt files for mods are normally segregated to a separate folder. Other than that playing and saving the game is normal.
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

A dozen turns later…

Rush a piker in Oedonia, change some priorities in tile improvement for the tail end of 240

0260 One Vike dies, second barely takes out Oedonia's fortified piker.
                0280 Vike horsey withdraws; our horsey finds a hut…
                0300 Hut 50 g; Vike fortifies; Straybowton founded (guess where )
                0320 Apolyton finishes Store, Oedonia piker takes out horsey.

0340 Looky, found a Pheasant by Marquiston
                0360 Looky, found another by Markosgrad
                0380 Marquiston Library (shoulda changed it to store)
                0400 Mingatopia makes a gold caravan

0420 Horsey finds another hut…
                0440 Literacy, next comes Philosophy; Apolyton makes a Copper caravan
                –––– hut Chariot (supported from Hoo-Rah 17 distant means nobody else closer)
                0460 Horsey and chariot find another hut
                0480 Gitchester Library; hut gives us Bridges; another hut spotted
                Attached Files

Comment

480 - The Zulus are destroyed by the Sioux. Order restored in Apolytonia.

500 - Riot in Apolyton is settled.

520 - Riot in Straybowton; extra food removed. Chariot finds a horde of barbarians and gets killed.

540 - The riot is settled down. Markosgrad finishes building Marketplace and starts the constructing City Walls. Vikings contact us and demand Literacy. Literacy given in exchange for cease fire, and after that a peacy treaty was also agreed on.

560 - Riot in Marquiston; extra food removed.

580 - Riots in Markosgrad and Gitchester; extra food removed. The riot in Marquiston is calmed odwn. Hoo-Rah starts building Marketplace.

600 - Riots settled.

620 - Riot in Oedonia; extra food removed.

640 - Riot settled.

660 - Riot in Straybowton; extra food removed. Apolytoners start to think in a more clever way after the invention of Philosophy in the city of Apolyton. The Wheel is selected as the free advance. Starts reseaching Engineering.

680 - Riot settled. Mingatopia starts building a Library.

700 - The Viking city of Jarrow is spotted alarming close to the Apolytonian empire. Oedonia starts building Market Place.

Game saved. Next!

Remarks

The cooper is destinated to Trondheim, so please don't waste it or move it to our towns. Due to the presence of the Vikings, I hope those who follow in my footsteps would complete those City Walls and give some priority to them. Apolyton is distibuting veteran Pikemen to the rest of the cities, so that's why it's still building more of them.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Order of players

El Civ
                    Vlad Antlerkov
                    Straybow
                    Rasbelin

Do play in this order, unless someone drops off for a turn.

Comment

I didn't mention when I had riots but they weren't that often. In 240 there were 2 or three cities with 2 elvi, and removing the excess had no ill effects. If I could remove an elvis from other cities without a red face I did it, and only a couple times that made them riot next turn. Dunno why.

Other than that the only riots were growth-instigated. Were most of those you got growth riots or the unexplained red faces?

Comment

All riots had to do with growth and extra food. Now there's two tax collectors so that the science rate could be set at 70% and so that we are doing some profit. So the population is quite calm. The only thing to worry about are the Vikings, but if we build City Walls, upgrade units (using the ones Apolyton is building), completing the road network and inventing better weaponry; we should be able to save us from being wrecked by the Vikes.

Comment

I see Mike's in our future if this persists. I'll grab the game and attempt to play my turn later today. Good job guys.

Comment

Sorry guys but my Dad had to have emergency surgery on Tuesday night (the 13th, though it was actually after midnight which would make it the 14th...semantics). He's still in the hospital as his recovery hasn't gone as well as hoped. It will be a couple days before I have time to play my turn (I begin vacation from work on the 18th). If anyone wants to play in the meantime feel free. I'll jump back in later. I apologize for not being able to play my turns of late. Between PC problems, working the midnight shift and Dad's health (he just finished battling a kidney stone a few days ago) I've been distracted. Keep up the good work.

Comment

El Civ,

I agree that Mike should allowed to paint his graffiti. But as we haven't reasearched so much in spiritual affairs, I suggest that after reaching Engineering, we would ASAP head for Monotheism. Crusarders would also come handy.

And I understand that your real world is in a such turbolense that you can't now play your turn/s. Let's hope that your dad gets better soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X