Whimsical Apolyton Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whimsical Apolyton Succession Game

Rather than spend weeks in committee, I'm just going to start it and see who wants on board. All but 4 (I believe) wonders have had their names changed to Poly noteworthys. One unit's name was changed and a suprise unit becomes available once Electronics has been researched. That unit has the attributes of a marine but with a movement of 2. Yes, I know such a unit isn't exciting at that point in the game, but it's there for the suprise and humor.

Game parameters:
    Large map, large mass, archipelago, wet, temperate, 4 billion years old. Deity, raging, 7 Civs (with custom leader names). Since I had to open the cheat menu to create this game I have seen the world map and it is an interesting one.

Game rules:
    1. Once we reach Trotskyism (Communism) we stay there for the duration of the game.
    2. No city bribing.
    3. Win by spaceship
    4. The Vikings cannot be eliminated (by us at least). If you don't figure it out as the game goes along I'll explain later.
    5. 50 city limit.

P.S.- If I forgot to "honor" you by naming something in the game after you I apologize in advance. Same too if I spelled your name wrong. If you don't play in this one at least check in on it so you can marvel at my whimsy
    Hello, my name is Shawn and I am Civ impaired.

El Civ the Despot manages to talk two bands of settlers into letting them become serfs under his iron rule. He bespeaks a grand plan to build a glorious empire and then run it through communist means. Despite the obvious dichotomy of the plan, the serfs agree. We begin with the usual three, plus bronze working, warrior code and horseback riding.

4000 Apolyton is founded. A hut yields 50g and Alphabet research begins, without a formal means of written communication

3700 Alphabet discovered and Ceremonial Burial research begins.

3550 Mingatopia founded. It shall feed the capital and be a place of torment for malcontents.

3200 We can now perform liturgical burials and research begins on Code of Laws, to the delight of every Apolytoner named Moses.

3000 Apolyton builds settler and construction on Colossus of Rah begins.

The game is saved at 2800 BC. Our settler has found some round, purple fruit and a hut. I leave the founding of our 3rd city to my successor.
    Attached Files

Comment

I'm in as I said before. Currently playing the next turn.
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

BTW how many turns should one leader be allowed to play in a row?
        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

2800 Settler finds 50 gold in a hut near Apolyton.

2650 The almost barbarian tribe of Apolytoners finally understand that they need law and order (Code of Laws invented). Starts researching the noble art of Writing.

2550 Mingatopia completes a Settler.

2500 The new Settler finds a friendly Archer unit in a nearby hut.

2400 Barbarian Archer sighted next to Apolyton.

2350 Markosiospolis is found next to a gulf. Barbarian prepares to attack Apolyton.

BTW the economy is fine; 3 income and no expensies. Research progress every 12 turns.
          Attached Files

Comment

Let's play 15 turns the first two times through, then we'll go down to 12 (seems the standard). I forgot that not all the renamed wonders are after Poly folks. A couple are funny names and one is a political statement.

Comment

Okay, I didn't play that many turns as I thought it would be fair to let others also play. But let's follow that rule from now on.

Comment

This will be a SG(2) game...
                googol... this is a number!
                "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
                "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

Silly question - but if you have changed things like the city.txt do we not all need to dl this and the rules.txt etc...

SG[1]
                  "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                  "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I only used the built-in editors to change the names and add the single unit (it's one of the extras that is already in the icon gifs). I presume those changes are in the saved game and if you have MGE then no downloads are needed. Rasbellin played without any any downloading, but the thought had honestly not crossed my mind. Good thing no extras are necessary or else the game would be a complete pain to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Messer Niccolò
                      This will be a SG(2) game...
                      Why is that? BTW, a wonder bears your name Niccolo

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                        Silly question - but if you have changed things like the city.txt do we not all need to dl this and the rules.txt etc...

SG[1]
                        Maybe not so silly. IIRC, the in-game editor saves changes to the relevant text files. El Civ, you may need to zip up those files for others to download...
                        The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                        intelligence to few.

Comment

El Civ,

I didn't have to download anything as I use Civ II UCC. That's the newest ever published version of Civ II. Never been available in USA, and hasn't been in UK and some selected countries (i.e. Finland) for years. Includes Civ II, MGE, FW and CiC.

MdS,

you're right, AFAIK.

Comment

Oh, forgot something!

El Civ,

have you named anything after me? Except the wish for renaming Communism.

Comment

Poop. Here is the rule.txt file zipped. There is also a rules.bak, but I have no idea what it is and if it is needed.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X