Demographics, how do they work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographics, how do they work?

And once I got a NEGATIVE family size, WTF is up with that?
    Hi, I'm a sig virus. Pass me on by putting me in your sig!

People here have figured out the formulae for most (if not all) the demographic categories. Sadly, I don't know where that is. Maybe search the CivII Strategy forum for threads relating to that...
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Comment

isnt' that in the civ library. hold on,...

Comment

Approval Rating % Ratio of happy to unhappy people
        Population
        GNP million $ Based on trade and tax/luxury rates
        Manufactured goods Mtons Total number of shields (including unit support)
        Land Area sq. miles Number of squares that your units have been the last to move through
        Literacy % Based on number of Libraries, Universities, Research Labs; discovery of Writing, Literacy; science rate
        Disease % Based on number of Aqueducts, Sewer Systems; discovery of Medicine, Sanitation
        Pollution tons Total number of "smoke stacks" times 10
        Life Expectancy years
        Family size children Based on average food surplus
        Military Service years Number of military units in relation to population
        Annual Income $ per capita
        Productivity Shields (minus support) per square in use (?)

Summary: you probably have a negative food surplus. Which is impressive (in a bad way ) because it averages all your cities.

Comment

Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Actually, once I had a negative family size by having all of my cities have absurdly high surpluses...
            oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

The military service one is wierd too. I alway seem to place dead last in that category. Probably because I'm constantly turning over old units for new ones.
              Would be cool to see an expanded demo section, maybe with things like infant mortality and number of men in your standing army

DAve
              "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Working...
              X