Where is the giga map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the giga map?

i searched for the thread for three days, and haven't found it, as well as this site's database.

where is it!
    Indifference is Bliss

Did you look for the "No Limits Add-on"? I don't recall who made it, Julius Brenziada? Somebody who knows please correct me...
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Comment

Yes indeed the NoLimits patch for MGE & ToT is by Julius Brenzaida the MGE version is here http://apolyton.net/cgi-bin/civ2/db/review.cgi?ID=437 both can be found by going to http://apolyton.net/civ2 selecting 'Database' and they appear as the first two currently highlighted ...
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

If yoiu install the No limits patch, is it still compatible with other MPGE games ???
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

yes Rasputin no-limits MGE is compatible w/ regular 1.3 MGE, the Giga World map can be found at www.CivFanatics.com
          Cedric's Civilization 2 Page, Home of the FW, MGE, and ToT Patches

Comment

thanks cedric.. means i wont have to maintain two copies on my computer ...

Also, seeing all these settings are modifieable in the No limits Ptch, why cant some one reprogram the 255 city limit ??

I dont know programming so i dont know the limitations

Comment

_

Comment

thank you all for the stuff.
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

There is no the giga map. As far as I´m aware, there are about 4 or 5 giga world maps around. Apart from that there are quite a few giga maps around, mainly by Harlan Thompson, which aren´t world maps.
                  Last edited by Mercator; July 4, 2001, 05:27.
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

damn right no actual GIGA maps , jsut a patch to let you make your own, or some premade Giga world ones... i D/L the patch from apolyton and it works well

Comment

There is the Giga map of the world created by Julius Brenzaida, the same man who created the no-limits patch. I believe this is what HsFB was looking for.
                      Cedric's Civilization 2 Page, Home of the FW, MGE, and ToT Patches

Comment

and a damn fine job he has doen too. saves me having to spend hours re drwing the world... Thanks guys

Comment

If I install the no limits add-on, is it removable later?
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

why would you remove it

Comment

Originally posted by Cedric Greene
                              There is the Giga map of the world created by Julius Brenzaida, the same man who created the no-limits patch. I believe this is what HsFB was looking for.
                              If by "the Giga map of the world" you mean the one in the Apolyton DB, that´s actually my map, resized by Julius (no less credit for him, though, and he did ask me first), and by no means the best world map!

You can find a better gigamap in this thread:
                              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
                              X