Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Succession Game - Anatolia

Ta Da!!!!
    I'm back. It took about a week for my Internet company to get out to my house (in the middle of nowhere) and then I had a problem with my Apolyton account. Dan explained that a problem formed with my account during the switch from the old forums to the new forums.
    If people are still interested in the succession game I'd like to start it. In fact, I've already done my 20 turns. Here is the list of people who said they were interested:
    -Anatolia
    -East Street Trader
    -Marquis de Sodaq
    -El Hogfather
    -MBloom III
    -crowatbitemedotcom
    -Caligastia

I guess this is enough. Here are the game parameters:
    King level - 7 civs - Raging hordes - bloodlust. We are the Persians and the leader name is Darius.
    What do you think about attaching the .sav file at the end of our game 'journal' that we post here after our turn? Then everyone can see for themselves what happened during each players' turn.
    Good luck and e-mail me if you can't participate for some reason.
    Formerly known as Masuro.
    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Turn 1 - Anatolia

4000 BCE - A number of peoples, tired of their namadic ways, decide to join together under the leadership of Anatolia and call him 'Darius' (translated into Greek means 'Doer of Deeds'). They travel for many years trying to find good land to build a city.

3950 BCE - After finding arable land near the coast they found the city of Persepolis. After construction the people decide the king needs a place where he can hold court. They build him a throne room where he can receive the people. Anatolia Darius forms a committee and commands them to create a system of writing so the people can set down their thoughts and the laws of the land might be written down for future generations.

3900 BCE - The people pool their resources and improve the King's throne room.

3850 BCE - The people are happy under the peaceful rule of Anatolia Darius and add some luxuries to the throne room.

3800 - 3500 BCE - These are peaceful years and the only unusual thing to be noticed is Anatolia Darius' unusually long lifespan. A cult forms claiming Darius is a god.

3450 BCE - After many long years the wise men of Persepolis create a writing system they call 'The Alphabet'. Smutty books and the first laws are written down. The first law reads, "Thou shalt not scratch graffitti into the palace walls." The wise men then turn their attention to devising a way the geography of the land can be drawn like a picture on clay tablets. Anatolia Darius is content with the peacefulness of his small kingdom but starts to worry that other peoples might invade. He trains some men and forms the first phalanx unit.

3400 BCE - The population of the city has doubled, thus allowing for more food and resources collection. Anatolia Darius decides he should expand his kingdom by sending settlers to found a colony. Not many people are willing to leave Persepolis, however, and it will probably be some time before enough people and resources can be gathered and sent out.

3350 - 3050 BCE - The people continue to live peacefully but not so Anatolia Darius. About 1000 years after founding his empire he becomes afflicted with wanderlust. He addresses the people telling them to choose a new king and he sets off into the wilderness . . .

Well, not much happened. East Street Trader, can you take over the kingdom? Here is the save file. If you can't open it from here for some reason I'll e-mail it to you.
    Attached Files

Comment

Welcome back Anatolia!

So the game finally begins. I take it we will be going in the order listed unless stated otherwise? Can't wait.
      Here's a link.

Comment

order

Yes, that's the order in which people replied to my original post a few weeks ago. I noticed the .sav file has been downloaded so I hope that East Street Trader is going through his turn and we get to see his turn description in a day or two. I'm looking forward to my turn coming around again!

Comment

Have the save safely and will play this evening (4 June), post to-morrow all being well.

I see that the reign of the benign Anatolia Darius has left the people fat and contented. Will their sylvan bliss continue or will the next millenium - and the rule of Trader Darius - bring upheavals?

Comment

Is it too late to join the list?

I'd like to take a few turns when the time comes.

thanks,
            Ben
            Email address:
            ben_e_gas@yahoo.com
            The other one I used to register here doesn't work.

Comment

Hello,

Is this game still going on? Can I get in on it?

Sounds like it would be fun. Good luck, either way.

Thanks,
              Ben
              Email address:
              ben_e_gas@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ben E Gas
                Hello,

Is this game still going on? Can I get in on it?
                I guess it would be okay. The new list, then, is

-Anatolia
                -East Street Trader
                -Marquis de Sodaq
                -El Hogfather
                -MBloom III
                -crowatbitemedotcom
                -Caligastia
                -Ben E Gas

Looking forward to your king's journal, Trader Darius.

Comment

OK! Thanks for letting me in. I will not let our people down. So, right now, Easy Street Trader is the one who has the game and is playing right? We just wait for him to finish the load the game to our computers?

How much time do we each have with the game?

Thanks,
                  Ben
                  Email address:
                  ben_e_gas@yahoo.com

Comment

Hi Ben

We're taking 20 turns each. When you get the .sav file from the person ahead of you (he might post it in this forum like I did) play the game for 20 turns, write up a story of what happened during your time as leader (be imaginative!), and then save the game and post it for the next person.
                    Good luck when your turn comes around

Comment

Game Version

Hi everyone,

Something I didn't do in this thread was say which version of CivII I'm using. I think I did it in my original post a few weeks ago but forgot to carry that information over.
                      Anyway, I checked the credits on my CD and it says Multiplayer Gold Edition. I'm not sure if there are different versions of MGE but I'm using the game as it is on the CD and I haven't installed any patches. I hope everyone can still play.

Comment

I'm not sure if I can. I have only the original civ2.

Can the files transfer over?
                        Email address:
                        ben_e_gas@yahoo.com

Comment

{knock} {knock} {knock}

Anybody home?

{knock} {knock}

Hello!?
                          Here's a link.

Comment

3050 bc - A new despot, the Marquis of Darius, assumes leadership of the Persians. The realm is small, and the economy is nonexistent, causing the Marquis some concern. He decides the Persians need to expand to become a great people.

3000 bc - The Marquis orders the workers to new tasks, and the first gold is added to the Persian coffers. Our brave phalanx is sent off to explore.

2800 bc - The phalanx stumbles upon an advanced tribe called Pasargadae. They join the Persian realm, and began equipping a warrior to increase our might.

In the following centuries, the phalanx and warrior explore the world, and settlers build the first roads. Persia lies on the northwest side of a continent. We may be alone, as there has been no contact with outsiders. Well, almost. A mysterius press release for some unknown historian's book arrived in the mail. The review listed the Persians as "pathetic." The Marquis was not impressed with this, and steeled his resolve to improve the Persian state. He came up with the "Edict of the Marquis", the world's first code of laws. Being a geographer at heart, he formulated a way to make maps of the expanding Persian realm. He and the wise men decide a strong central leadership will be needed in order to become mighty. They begin scheming ways to create a monarchy.

2100 bc - Settlers found Susa on the coast southwest of the wheatfields which lie southwest of Persopolis.

2050 bc - The Marquis is pleased with the progress of the Persians under his direction. Settlers are seeking a new city site to the east. The navy's first ship, the trireme H.M.S. Marquis, is almost completed. The economy is growing. Time rolls on, and new leadership can bring good things. So the Marquis of Darius steps down as leader of the Persians and returns to the marches of Paha Sapa.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Marquis de Sodaq; June 12, 2001, 21:29.
                            The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                            intelligence to few.

Comment

New List

Thanks for taking the initiative Marquis de Sodaq. I contacted everyone on the list by private message and it turns out a couple of people can't play because they don't have MGE The list now looks like this:

Anatolia
                              Marquis de Sodaq
                              MBloomIII
                              El Hogfather ? (no contact yet)
                              crowatbitemedotcom ? (no contact yet)

Any other takers?

Comment

Working...
                              X