Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you like the most about civilization 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Customizability

(Maybe I should try to make it less obvious that I'm just trying to get to 1000?)

Comment

Clicking that red launch button.

Or, maybe, "--- scientists discover the secret of Trade"

Or, maybe, "Leonardo's workshop upgrades all settlers to engineers."

Or, maybe, "Oil caravan arrives in London. Revenue: 2578 gold"

Gee, I dunno.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I love that you develop a civilization that you care for, and then you get to test its mettle against OTHER civs. Trial by fire. Sort of SimCity where the rival mayors want to invade you.... (sacrilege, I know)

Comment

What I prefered in Civ2 (compared to Civ1) ?

New fun units.
          Diplomaty.
          New war system (with injured units and exhausted units).

What I like in this game :

Total war against a big strong IA.
          Space run.
          Etabling roads, rail roads, boats connection around the world.
          Etablishing "colon cities" in foreign territory.
          Zobo Ze Warrior
          --
          Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

The seemingly infinite dimension in the game. My first game, on Chieftain, was basically:
            Hmmm.... what looks good to build now.
            Let's move my warrior guy this way.
            What the heck are all those symbols in the city window? Tax, luxury, waste? What's that?
            (reading the manual)How the heck does this trade stuff work? Nevermind, I'll probably never use it anyway .
            And it was still fun!

Now on diety, so many subtleties come into play, and it's even more fun! And I've been playing for years now. Haven't even gotten into the scenerios, MP, or ICS. (gave OCC a try a couple of times, but I prefer blasting away with howitzers )

It's dozens of games for the price of one!
            -HOWITZER AL-
            -------------------
            Some complain that God put thorns on roses,
            While others rejoice that He put roses among the thorns.

Comment

The seemingly infinite dimension in the game. My first game, on Chieftain, was basically:
              Hmmm.... what looks good to build now.
              Let's move my warrior guy this way.
              What the heck are all those symbols in the city window? Tax, luxury, waste? What's that?
              (reading the manual)How the heck does this trade stuff work? Nevermind, I'll probably never use it anyway .
              And it was still fun!
              Sounds exactly like my first game
              I bought civ for my dad and I thought it would be boring, but I tried it anyway...guess what? Dad never got his game back after I started playing
              I see the world through bloodshot eyes
              Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Originally posted by Howitzer Al
                Just like me!
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

All of the above.. but theres nothing like playing othere humans in mutiplayer. You never know what they will do next. i never came over here to thes forums much .. but u should check out http://zone.msn.com/ to come play with the other humans that love this game so well.
                  HawkHunter Chief of the Crusaders Tribe.. http://www.rathergood.com/vines/

Comment

I've been over there quite a few times hawk, and it seemed to me that all anyone loved to do was talk.........and brag.........and quit games after 5 minutes of playing it without telling anyone else.............

of course there are exceptions to the rule, but all it seems anyone ever wants over there at the zone is a wham bam thank you maam type game......and that bores me (and a lot of others) to death.....
                    I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                    Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

I love this game because I am always learning how to play while having fun. I just started a new SP game last night and am learning how to play the large map again (after playing nothing but medium maps for a while). Just when I think I've got this game beat, I realize under certain circumstances I am vulnerable to the AI sometimes. I realized last night that it is the experience of actually playing the game, not just winning every time out, that keeps me coming back. Anything can happen and it is a blast to have your back against the wall sometimes.

Oh, and MP is a great twist to this already terrific game.

Drake:
                      You're right about the zone. A lot of talk and no one wants to finish a game.
                      "Three word posts suck!" - me

"...and I never will play the Wild Rover no more..." - Various

Comment

Working...
                      X