Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you like the most about civilization 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bohlen
    replied
    I love this game because I am always learning how to play while having fun. I just started a new SP game last night and am learning how to play the large map again (after playing nothing but medium maps for a while). Just when I think I've got this game beat, I realize under certain circumstances I am vulnerable to the AI sometimes. I realized last night that it is the experience of actually playing the game, not just winning every time out, that keeps me coming back. Anything can happen and it is a blast to have your back against the wall sometimes.

Oh, and MP is a great twist to this already terrific game.

Drake:
    You're right about the zone. A lot of talk and no one wants to finish a game.

Leave a comment:

• drake
    replied
    I've been over there quite a few times hawk, and it seemed to me that all anyone loved to do was talk.........and brag.........and quit games after 5 minutes of playing it without telling anyone else.............

of course there are exceptions to the rule, but all it seems anyone ever wants over there at the zone is a wham bam thank you maam type game......and that bores me (and a lot of others) to death.....

Leave a comment:

• HawkHunter
    replied
    All of the above.. but theres nothing like playing othere humans in mutiplayer. You never know what they will do next. i never came over here to thes forums much .. but u should check out http://zone.msn.com/ to come play with the other humans that love this game so well.

Leave a comment:

• Jaguar
    replied
    Originally posted by Howitzer Al
    (reading the manual)How the heck does this trade stuff work? Nevermind, I'll probably never use it anyway .
    Just like me!

Leave a comment:

• drake
    replied
    The seemingly infinite dimension in the game. My first game, on Chieftain, was basically:
    Hmmm.... what looks good to build now.
    Let's move my warrior guy this way.
    What the heck are all those symbols in the city window? Tax, luxury, waste? What's that?
    (reading the manual)How the heck does this trade stuff work? Nevermind, I'll probably never use it anyway .
    And it was still fun!
    Sounds exactly like my first game
    I bought civ for my dad and I thought it would be boring, but I tried it anyway...guess what? Dad never got his game back after I started playing

Leave a comment:

• Howitzer Al
    replied
    The seemingly infinite dimension in the game. My first game, on Chieftain, was basically:
    Hmmm.... what looks good to build now.
    Let's move my warrior guy this way.
    What the heck are all those symbols in the city window? Tax, luxury, waste? What's that?
    And it was still fun!

Now on diety, so many subtleties come into play, and it's even more fun! And I've been playing for years now. Haven't even gotten into the scenerios, MP, or ICS. (gave OCC a try a couple of times, but I prefer blasting away with howitzers )

It's dozens of games for the price of one!

Leave a comment:

• ZoboZeWarrior
    replied
    What I prefered in Civ2 (compared to Civ1) ?

New fun units.
    Diplomaty.
    New war system (with injured units and exhausted units).

What I like in this game :

Total war against a big strong IA.
    Space run.
    Etabling roads, rail roads, boats connection around the world.
    Etablishing "colon cities" in foreign territory.

Leave a comment:

• AustralianJeremy
    replied
    I love that you develop a civilization that you care for, and then you get to test its mettle against OTHER civs. Trial by fire. Sort of SimCity where the rival mayors want to invade you.... (sacrilege, I know)

Leave a comment:

• Jaguar
    replied
    Clicking that red launch button.

Or, maybe, "--- scientists discover the secret of Trade"

Or, maybe, "Leonardo's workshop upgrades all settlers to engineers."

Or, maybe, "Oil caravan arrives in London. Revenue: 2578 gold"

Gee, I dunno.

Leave a comment:

• Dr.Oogkloot
    replied
    General Customizability

(Maybe I should try to make it less obvious that I'm just trying to get to 1000?)

Leave a comment:

• War4ever
    replied
    Well as others have already articulated...... i enjoy the various ways of winning....... whether it be ethnic cleansing, mercantilianism, Democratic relations, or reaching for the stars

The beautiful thing about civ is all the variables that come into play. Does that first hut yield two legs or four? Money or science? Is it tech i need or is it just tech indeed. Is my first city my SSC or is it my only city (OCC). Do i like my zulu neighbors or am i trading with my Egyptian ones.

How do you like my fortress...... 150g tribute... i think not.... why don't you send some obsolete units over the next 2 millenium and go bash your heads.......

oh..... you want to trade maps..... *snicker* by all means and i promise not to give it to any of your so called rivals......

Ah look at this nomads, non units, advanced tribes ....wow the game is going we......ll........ darn here come the raging horde barbs.....

so you want to kill my explorer eh? Fine...... i will bribe the rest of you... don't you know how big my coffers are....surely it's spread through the royalty of all the kingdoms

oh yah....... it ain't no fun waiting around to be a millionaire...... so spend that cash..... buy some wonders........buy some units , buy some caravans......

whatever your fetish.....civ can bring most of it to your front door........

Remember..... always build those caravans

whoa..... i need air

Leave a comment:

• The Mad Monk
    replied
    I have always loved the exploration best...

No, the building and making my people happy...

No, the thrill of 'discovering' new technologies, and being the science leader...

No, the trade and getting rich off of other nations...

Bah.

It's all good.

Leave a comment:

• Vlad Antlerkov
    replied
    *Vlad Antlerkov, you have fulfilled the dreams of countless generations. Your name will live forever in the annals of CIVILIZATION!*

...around 1000 AD Actually, that's never happened before (except if I cheat). I'm lucky to get to AC before 2000-- on Chieftain

Leave a comment:

• Devil's Advocate
    replied
    Thanks for being so friendly everyone, I like my picture that appears by my name

Leave a comment:

• drake
    replied
    The thousands of variations of paths you can take in the game is my favorite part. Try as you may, you can never even come close to duplicating a game.....theres just way too many variables....

Also, the freedom to do whatever you want with YOUR world makes civ a very appealing game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X