No announcement yet.

OCC Bloodlust Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our OCC game has truly been a very difficult one so far. We have indeed been extremely unlucky as the AI is so poor at researching techs and trading with us. Then we have those #¤%$@ French guys out there declaring war to us in every turn.. even sneak-attacking us this early?!?

Wait, I'm seeing a vision right now.. the Japs conquers the poor Americans, then they join in alliance with the French. Moments later, they are advancing toward our puny cap from two fronts.. aargh, don't dare to look further.. time will tell what happens

I kinda like this situation, NOW this is a true challenge and our winning (even the OCC-part not to mention bloodlust) is far from sure. But after all, WE are the humans so we have the advantage..

Comment

quote:

-- however, full marks to Hueij for opportunism - if you (Hueij) now pass to me we can get the second round off with a slight reordering ...

I'm not sure what you mean by that... Anyway, I sent you the save right after I posted my log.
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

I have the save -- and will play asap -- Marko Polo - if you too have the save DO NOT PLAY -- we are about to start the second round - Hueij having taken advantage of skrobism's miscue to start off the round -- I believe it is now my turn - and pass to Carolus...
        I post the save games from work - and am now off for Easter so there will be a slight delay before it goes up on the first post - Carolus if you send me your e-mail here at home git1@scousers.net - I shall send on the game asap and probptly lose the e-address

------------------
        Scouse Git[1] -- git1@scousers.net

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
        "The Great Library must be built!"
        "A short cut has to be challenging,
        were it not so it would be 'the way'."
        - Paul Craven
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Well I had received the save and was ready to play it !
          Scouse Gits, I think you should post once again the lineup in the right order, it would help.
          Marko, you are right this is a good challenge. I like that too.
          And yes, we are the humans !

------------------
          Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe
          Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

SG[1], try Definitely_Rex@yahoo.com! Also, I think my hotmail account is ok again.

What's this big confusion about order all about? I have always played after SG[1] and will always play after SG[1]. Why would I cut in the line and download a save and play when I shouldn't? Why would anyone else?

Carolus

Comment

I believe that I now have Post#1 in some sort of order - it shows what I think happened in Round 1 and what I think should happen in this the Second Round.

I have the game, will play tonight and pass to Carolus

------------------

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
              - Paul Craven

Comment

Sorry if I did something wrong... I got the game from Skrobism and assumed it was my turn without checking the order...
                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                And notifying the next of kin
                Once again...

Comment

quote:

And yes, we are the humans

Wait. You guys are humans?

------------------
                  "I know that you and Frank were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen."
                  Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Hueij,
                    I wouldn't worry about it. It was my mix up.

------------------
                    "I know that you and Frank were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen."
                    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Game passed to Carolus Rex

We are in Democracy, with Shakes, Size 22 one goods caravan (beads) en route to somewhere French, at peace with the world and have IIRC 4 food caravans - half way to Ike's

good civin'

------------------

- Paul Craven

Comment

Aye, aye Sir!

Been off-line during Easter, but will get to it tonight or tomorrow.

Carolus

Comment

Got it!

Let's go to work...

Carolus

Comment

Gentlemen, my log!

Civ status 1590 AD

- size: 22
                            - treasury: 405 gold
                            - not enough food to continue celebrating, picked off a worker
                            - set lux to 0%
                            - 3 Einsteins
                            - # science beakers: 448
                            - 3 turns/discovery

1600 Legion ”airlifted” back to Rome.

1610 Beaker mismanagement, no discovery. Set taxes to 90% to get gold and explosives.

1620 Explosives, taxes cut back to 10%. Bridge building next choice.

1640 French want me to declare war on Japs. I refused, they demanded 450 gold, I refused = war. 50 gold gift (Amercians). Peace with Japs. I gave them Gunpowder, Astronomy, Explosives, Sanitation. They refused to ally. Redirected legion to eastern front, where I expected French troops.

1650 Bridge building, navigation next. Barbs in trireme outside Rome. Taxes set to 0% to keep science at 3 turns. Gave French explosives and declared war against Japs to get peace. All this to save the beads caravan (Japs are further away).

1660 French discovered navigation, techs down to 2 turns. Barbs everywhere. Two barb legions destroyed by our horse.

1670 Navigation, physics next. 8 caravans ready in Rome. A third barb legion makes landfall from the same trireme as the other two came from?! Killed it with our chariot. Beads to Marseilles (size 13), 93 gold (not in demand).

1680 INC completed. Taxes set to 70% to get extra gold and physics.

1690 Physics, economics next. Taxes set to 30%, 2 turn techs.

1700 Spice caravan ready.

1710 Economics, steam engine next. Our ally completed Leo's.

1720 Beads caravan ready.

1730 Stem engine, railroad next. Taxes set to 20% to maintain 2 turn discoveries.

1740 Caravel ready, off with the two camels to Rheims (demands spice). Can unload directly into Rheims (coastal city). Decided to do this because i) the French are hostile and may demand tribute and kill caravans travelling by land and ii) travelling by sea is faster.

1750 Railroad, industrialisation next. Good time to stop, new turn system ahead.

Good luck to my successor (which I will send the save to as soon as I have checked who you are! )!

BTW, let the spice camel enter into Rheims first (if the goods are still in demand), demand may change otherwise.

Carolus [hoping he wrote the sloppy log down all right]

Comment

Save sent to our man in Finland!

Who, btw, is reported as "not longer a registered user" when I click his profile and according to info under handle is now a Swede?

Carolus

Comment

Save also sent to SG[1], just in case...

Carolus

Comment

Working...
                                X